ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Poll Cards
-
Silly Sarah
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 06 May 2010, 22:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: wild west
Re: Poll Cards
Got over 2 boxes of polling cards today. Wanted to finish on time today so didn't prep any. They now all have to go out tuesday. If tuesday is a heavy day and I go over my finish time can I claim o/t as well as the poll card money?
What have I done to deserve this?
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Poll Cards
Grow a pair , if you go over book it.
If he isnt paying O/T cut off instead, polling cards or not
He will have to then pay someone else to do your cut off
If he isnt paying O/T cut off instead, polling cards or not
He will have to then pay someone else to do your cut off
-
Silly Sarah
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 06 May 2010, 22:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: wild west
Re: Poll Cards
Surely there must be a company policy on this. The dom lottery system, depending how much of an arse yours is, hardly seems fair. There is every chance tuesday will be busy and push me into o/t, even without the poll cards. Why should I do the extra for free?tolkien wrote:not according to my DOM its one or the other if you go over its bad luck so no OT , and kept in on the IPS as long as they want as they know you will stay out . from what i can tell its down to how much of an arse your Dom is . so i would check with yours before you leave , and good luckSilly Sarah wrote:Got over 2 boxes of polling cards today. Wanted to finish on time today so didn't prep any. They now all have to go out tuesday. If tuesday is a heavy day and I go over my finish time can I claim o/t as well as the poll card money?
What have I done to deserve this?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Poll Cards
Not got any here - was getting worried that we would get them enmass and some point. Luckily not 2013 Elections list (except by elections) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kin ... ions,_2013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Glenno
- Posts: 1491
- Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12
Re: Poll Cards
Not unless it is agreed locally, Nationally NO, hope you worked to your time today as your post suggests because they will come after you on this, if Tue was to be your day off , how would you feel, at the end of the day NO ONE should be expected to work past their time, end of, unless they want tooSilly Sarah wrote:Surely there must be a company policy on this. The dom lottery system, depending how much of an arse yours is, hardly seems fair. There is every chance tuesday will be busy and push me into o/t, even without the poll cards. Why should I do the extra for free?tolkien wrote:not according to my DOM its one or the other if you go over its bad luck so no OT , and kept in on the IPS as long as they want as they know you will stay out . from what i can tell its down to how much of an arse your Dom is . so i would check with yours before you leave , and good luckSilly Sarah wrote:Got over 2 boxes of polling cards today. Wanted to finish on time today so didn't prep any. They now all have to go out tuesday. If tuesday is a heavy day and I go over my finish time can I claim o/t as well as the poll card money?
-
Lazycarton
- Posts: 193
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 18:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Poll Cards
These cards are sent out by the local authority to everyone elligible to vote. We as council tax payers have to pay for them being printed, processed and delivered when they are completely unneccesary because it tells you....YOU DO NOT NEED TO TAKE THIS CARD WITH YOU TO VOTE....FFS 
-
Silly Sarah
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 06 May 2010, 22:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: wild west
Re: Poll Cards
Yes worked my full hours saturday. Is the payment made for prep and delivery of the cards or just delivery? If prep is included what happens if one person preps and another delivers? Should the payment then be split 50/50?Glenno wrote:Not unless it is agreed locally, Nationally NO, hope you worked to your time today as your post suggests because they will come after you on this, if Tue was to be your day off , how would you feel, at the end of the day NO ONE should be expected to work past their time, end of, unless they want tooSilly Sarah wrote:Surely there must be a company policy on this. The dom lottery system, depending how much of an arse yours is, hardly seems fair. There is every chance tuesday will be busy and push me into o/t, even without the poll cards. Why should I do the extra for free?tolkien wrote:not according to my DOM its one or the other if you go over its bad luck so no OT , and kept in on the IPS as long as they want as they know you will stay out . from what i can tell its down to how much of an arse your Dom is . so i would check with yours before you leave , and good luckSilly Sarah wrote:Got over 2 boxes of polling cards today. Wanted to finish on time today so didn't prep any. They now all have to go out tuesday. If tuesday is a heavy day and I go over my finish time can I claim o/t as well as the poll card money?![]()
What have I done to deserve this?
-
bag69
- Posts: 297
- Joined: 18 Mar 2010, 19:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Poll Cards
We usually just count up how many on the 2 rounds & split the figure equally between both of us. One wins, one looses as one of you will deliver more than the other. Should be a standard payment across the country though.
-
Silly Sarah
- Posts: 112
- Joined: 06 May 2010, 22:13
- Gender: Female
- Location: wild west
Re: Poll Cards
I'm part-time so will probably only deliver them. Just want to know what I'm entitled too.bag69 wrote:We usually just count up how many on the 2 rounds & split the figure equally between both of us. One wins, one looses as one of you will deliver more than the other. Should be a standard payment across the country though.
What have I done to deserve this?