Sorry it came out wrong . The damage to my leg is an old injury where I tore ligaments and it healed itself but not 100% and its been getting sorer and sorer over the last few months . Doc said the ligaments have probably tore again and hes sending me for an mri scan and physio .
Id love nothing more than to stay in the job with no pain but I know that's not going to happen so id just like to get out . Might sound selfish but might as well try and get something from them .
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Ill Health Retirement Request
-
kwenchycup
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 25 Mar 2013, 14:01
- Gender: Female
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Ill Health Retirement Request
kwenchycup wrote:Yeah I think they want me back in about a months time to do computer work I was trained on but I don't want to ever go back there to work . Just worried I will have no choice .
What could you say if they said come back and work at a desk until your better no matter how long it takes ? Don't want this to happen .
Presumably the original injury was not treated, up to now this injury has not been treated and it may not be ligament at all until the scan has been done and a course of treatment, be it manipulation, medication or surgery you wouldn't know what the outcome is likely to be. Would it not be fairer to say you've had enough and you want out but you'd like some money to go? In that instance I would imagine you're in a very long line of peoplekwenchycup wrote:Sorry it came out wrong . The damage to my leg is an old injury where I tore ligaments and it healed itself but not 100% and its been getting sorer and sorer over the last few months . Doc said the ligaments have probably tore again and hes sending me for an mri scan and physio .
Id love nothing more than to stay in the job with no pain but I know that's not going to happen so id just like to get out . Might sound selfish but might as well try and get something from them .
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Ill Health Retirement Request
constant pain can cause stress and depression. you could remain sick with either until they pay you off 
-
pekeroon
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 20:22
- Gender: Female
Re: Ill Health Retirement Request
kwenchycup wrote:Sorry it came out wrong . The damage to my leg is an old injury where I tore ligaments and it healed itself but not 100% and its been getting sorer and sorer over the last few months . Doc said the ligaments have probably tore again and hes sending me for an mri scan and physio .
Id love nothing more than to stay in the job with no pain but I know that's not going to happen so id just like to get out . Might sound selfish but might as well try and get something from them .
i have a bad foot problem at the mo just gone back to work after having 8 weeks off
Im now on light duties as it still isn't 100% . I refused to do more than 4 hrs so they refered me back to Atos
Atos asked me if i would like IHR and i said yes so after 10 years service i will be leaving in 2 weeks time
This job has just got silly
-
kwenchycup
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 25 Mar 2013, 14:01
- Gender: Female
Re: Ill Health Retirement Request
How long did it take from going off sick to you leaving in 2 weeks ??
Was the payout what you thought you would get ?
Was the IHR offered after your treatment ? What did your doctor say about your injury ?
Was the payout what you thought you would get ?
Was the IHR offered after your treatment ? What did your doctor say about your injury ?
-
kwenchycup
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 25 Mar 2013, 14:01
- Gender: Female
Re: Ill Health Retirement Request
Pekeroon any info ?