ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

what would you have done?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Re: what would you have done?

Post by hampshireman »

Judgee wrote:One couple in my office wanted to work together on P & L but one was much higher seniority than the other. So he chose to drop down the seniority list to be one in front of his wife. He then knew what pairings were available when it was her turn to sign and they could then work together.

Depends how much you wanted to work with your mate I guess. But would he drop down the list just so you two could work together if he had the higher seniority.... probably not! So don't sweat it as he'll get over it! :roll:
I do wonder if i know this office. I know this exact situation
Doglover
Posts: 21
Joined: 12 Apr 2011, 22:57
Gender: Male

Re: what would you have done?

Post by Doglover »

Had a driving duty I really enjoyed, early start so no-one else inthe office seemed interested. Lost it on the last resign to someone more senior too me. Peed off , yes I was, but ''seniority rules''. He fancied a change,I lost my duty. Thats the way seniority works on a resign. :Boo hoo!
Judgee
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2262
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 15:18

Re: what would you have done?

Post by Judgee »

Seniority used to work fine. But now they continually cull the amount of duties available in offices it takes forever to actually get high enough to choose anything but a crap round. I'm 70 places higher than when I started and yet the two resigns we have had since I've been there meant I had a choice of two rounds on the first resign and five in the last one. Yet i'd risen forty places inbetween resigns! :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Union what Union? Do we have a union?