ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Hartlepool Postman denies mail theft

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72741
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Hartlepool Postman denies mail theft

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/news/lo ... -1-5643127" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hartlepool postman cleared of mail theft

A FORMER Hartlepool postman has spoken of his relief after being cleared of allegations that he stole mail.

Philip Newman, 48, was due to stand trial at Teesside Crown Court this week over allegations he took two pieces of Recorded Delivery mail.

He was accused of stealing them when he worked at Hartlepool’s Royal Mail sorting office in Clark Street on April 17 and 26 last year.

But the case was dropped when prosecutors offered no evidence against Mr Newman.

Not guilty verdicts to two counts of theft were recorded.

Mr Newman, of Hartley Close, said: “I’m relieved that it is all over.

“This whole incident has caused a lot of distress emotionally and financially to myself and also to my family.

“I would like to thank my legal team including Ivor Baron and my barrister Jim Withyman for all their help.

“I am now looking forward to a more positive future now that all this is behind me.”

Mr Newman denied doing anything dishonest throughout.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.