monkeymutha wrote:I am not a member but have thought and do consider joining. Am on 3 month contracts and have been there for over two years. However, we don't have a rep at our office and I tend the fight my own battles with the management. If I got on a stage warning, or we actually got a rep at our office I would probably join but until then....
Join , then get hold of your area rep as if you have been employed for over 2 years you should now get a permanent contract.
monkeymutha wrote:I am not a member but have thought and do consider joining. Am on 3 month contracts and have been there for over two years. However, we don't have a rep at our office and I tend the fight my own battles with the management. If I got on a stage warning, or we actually got a rep at our office I would probably join but until then....
Join , then get hold of your area rep as if you have been employed for over 2 years you should now get a permanent contract.
I thought it was 4 years not 2?
4 years is the legal position.
2 years relates to the previous agreement we had with RM which they mostly ignored.
There is now a further job security agreement that basically means that the target is 12 months maximum but the ambition is to stop using FTC's altogether unless there is a genuine business requirement for short term resource in that D.O/Area..
Now unfortunately for the OP i think his unit is yet to go through a major revision which probably means Royal Mail are unlikely to want to substantiate his contract until the outputs of that revision reveal the potential headcount requirements.
That does not mean he shouldn't pursue the matter because 2 years is taking the piss but he should be prepared for a fight.
fishtank wrote:4 years is the legal position.2 years relates to the previous agreement we had with RM which they mostly ignored.
There is now a further job security agreement that basically means that the target is 12 months maximum but the ambition is to stop using FTC's altogether unless there is a genuine business requirement for short term resource in that D.O/Area..
Now unfortunately for the OP i think his unit is yet to go through a major revision which probably means Royal Mail are unlikely to want to substantiate his contract until the outputs of that revision reveal the potential headcount requirements.
That does not mean he shouldn't pursue the matter because 2 years is taking the piss but he should be prepared for a fight.
That's probably the stance RM would take if it was seriously challenged regardless of any agreement, which I very much doubt it has been. Why wouldn't the union press for his uprating knowing what the agreement is.
I am in but I cancelled my contribution to the labour party,when you fill in the form there is a tick box about whether or not you want to make a political contribution,I rate politicians on the same level as journalists and thieves
Don't the union give a load of money to the Labour Party anyway each year?
I am in but my union rep sometimes seems to work for himself more than the office. What makes me laugh is that he has got the manager to tweak a few walks because they were too heavy but yet hasn't had anything taken off his walk and struggles to complete it
No don't join.
The union is full of dickhead militants with big gobs spouting shite of what they will do only to always fail it's members when push comes to shove..they are sort of like most big movies these days lot's of special effects but no story.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
Well they used to be - probably when they had a sack on their back because they also used to be postmen - though I'd be interested to hear when it was and how long it was for..............too dim to be a manager so took the next best option.
Well they used to be - probably when they had a sack on their back because they also used to be postmen - though I'd be interested to hear when it was and how long it was for..............too dim to be a manager so took the next best option.
to dim to be a manager? bloody hell they must be thick.
Well they used to be - probably when they had a sack on their back because they also used to be postmen - though I'd be interested to hear when it was and how long it was for..............too dim to be a manager so took the next best option.
to dim to be a manager? bloody hell they must be thick.
Well think about it - you're living through the worst negotiated agreement in living memory, laughingly known as "The Deal of the Century" whereas we know it better as "The Sale of the Century".