They are biodegradable, but they shouldn't biodegrade the first time you use them.newtimes wrote:I thought they were designed to be biodegradable so when dropped they would degrade and not be a long term litter problem, downside well we all know that one.Labdog99 wrote:Captain Scarlet wrote:They only have a shelf life of 12 months....say,s so on the box
They DO !!!!. Don't stretch them. Don't get them wet and store them in a dark box. There you go ! Will last 12 months !
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Non Elastic Bands - False Economy?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Non Elastic Bands - False Economy?
-
Labdog99
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Non Elastic Bands - False Economy?
Most equipment RM buy is "not fit for purpose" !.
Name me one bit of our kit that is ??

Name me one bit of our kit that is ??
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Non Elastic Bands - False Economy?
Coffee cupLabdog99 wrote:Most equipment RM buy is "not fit for purpose" !.
Name me one bit of our kit that is ??![]()
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
Zootsuit
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 07 Oct 2011, 19:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Non Elastic Bands - False Economy?
Does anyone know if we all get our bands from the same place, and if we do who orders them? Are there different specification ones available? I worked in a different office over Christmas and they were using bigger stretchier bands than the ones we have!!!! They were actually fairly decent! I've got band envy!!
Are we all being banded with the same rubber or is it possible for someone in the office to order cheaper stuff in? Ours are kept in a big bin for everyone to help themselves from and the other place I was in had bags on the frames.
Come to think of it I don't need better elastic bands.....................I need to get a life!
Are we all being banded with the same rubber or is it possible for someone in the office to order cheaper stuff in? Ours are kept in a big bin for everyone to help themselves from and the other place I was in had bags on the frames.
Come to think of it I don't need better elastic bands.....................I need to get a life!