ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Xmas Party

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TheCobra
Posts: 249
Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
Gender: Male

Re: Xmas Party

Post by TheCobra »

Lateagainpostie wrote:A party with everyone sat round in their little cliques slagging everyone else off, I have to put up with them for about 4hrs a day 5 days a week, sod doing it in my free time.
lol, so true.
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: Xmas Party

Post by taurus88 »

They had a Christmas p*ss-up at ours last year but participation was fairly low. Dunno if they're bothering this year. It seems pretty bad to me that there's no Christmas party. Then again, the Christmas party everywhere else I've worked is generally an excuse to get drunk and get in the knickers of the attractive females - and frankly, there ain't any of those at our place.
chooch
Posts: 323
Joined: 21 Jul 2010, 13:14
Gender: Male

Re: Xmas Party

Post by chooch »

OH yes.. the 'FREE VEND' function on the hot drinks dispenser was on ('mistake/malfunction').. and, of course, people were seen to be 'getting-in-the-swing-of-things'
ie. it doesn't take a lot to bolster morale now does it..

so off goes the FREE VEND because we can't have people 'being encouraged' to drink in their own time (before work) or during their breakfast break before going out -

HoHoHo :neutral: (I'm a neutral Santa cos I ain't sayin' nuffink, just what I is seeing.. )
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Xmas Party

Post by DB1100 »

I'd rather slide down a razor blade using my balls as brakes.
For we were soldiers once,and young
venger
Posts: 206
Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 13:38

Re: Xmas Party

Post by venger »

Nope, nothing in our office. We'll be lucky to see Willow the wisp let alone get a "Thank you" off him.