ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Brainache
Posts: 394
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
Gender: Male

Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour

Post by Brainache »

Where do you `chap` on a customers door - I have never ever ever heard it before and I have lived in different parts of the country.
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour

Post by Godric »

Brains wrote:Where do you `chap` on a customers door - I have never ever ever heard it before and I have lived in different parts of the country.

i'm from the Kingdom of Alba (precisely Ayrshire) chap as in knock
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour

Post by fishtank »

Brains wrote:Where do you `chap` on a customers door - I have never ever ever heard it before and I have lived in different parts of the country.
You obviously haven't played Chap Door,Run? :shock:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour

Post by POSTMAN »

We call it knock down Ginger.........no offence to any Gingers on here
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Brainache
Posts: 394
Joined: 30 Jul 2010, 21:37
Gender: Male

Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour

Post by Brainache »

Godric wrote:
Brains wrote:Where do you `chap` on a customers door - I have never ever ever heard it before and I have lived in different parts of the country.

i'm from the Kingdom of Alba (precisely Ayrshire) chap as in knock


Fair enough - I`ve never lived in Wales.
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour

Post by 5plusbonusball »

I thought it was from down sarf like them on eastenders - chapping sam wood for the fire! :crazy: and if you see a bird with big wotsits , do you up there say what a lovely pair of chappers?
Anyway , I only slip parcels unless the neighbour comes to me.
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
fng
Posts: 462
Joined: 20 Jun 2011, 16:54
Gender: Male

Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour

Post by fng »

fishtank wrote:
Brains wrote:Where do you `chap` on a customers door - I have never ever ever heard it before and I have lived in different parts of the country.
You obviously haven't played Chap Door,Run? :shock:

You mean knockadoorscarper surley
Tripitaka: "You should live without fear. There's as much chance of good things as bad things."
Sandy: "It's a cheerful philosophy and I've heard it from people before. They're all dead now."
Monkey "Excuse me when I say, that you really are extraordinarily dim!"
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour

Post by Godric »

Brains wrote:
Godric wrote:
Brains wrote:Where do you `chap` on a customers door - I have never ever ever heard it before and I have lived in different parts of the country.

i'm from the Kingdom of Alba (precisely Ayrshire) chap as in knock


Fair enough - I`ve never lived in Wales.

Alba (pronounced Ala-pa) = Scotland
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour

Post by Godric »

fishtank wrote:
Brains wrote:Where do you `chap` on a customers door - I have never ever ever heard it before and I have lived in different parts of the country.
You obviously haven't played Chap Door,Run? :shock:
ah the good ole days :dance
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour

Post by Godric »

5plusbonusball wrote:I thought it was from down sarf like them on eastenders - chapping sam wood for the fire! :crazy: and if you see a bird with big wotsits , do you up there say what a lovely pair of chappers?
Anyway , I only slip parcels unless the neighbour comes to me.

nah either "you've got a fair clutter of t!ts" or "you've go a mighty fine set of chebs on ye"
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour

Post by fishtank »

fng wrote:
fishtank wrote:
Brains wrote:Where do you `chap` on a customers door - I have never ever ever heard it before and I have lived in different parts of the country.
You obviously haven't played Chap Door,Run? :shock:

You mean knockadoorscarper surley
That i can understand.
It does what it says on the tin.
I'm lost with what Postman is on about with gingers though???
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16731
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour

Post by clashcityrocker »

fishtank wrote: I'm lost with what Postman is on about with gingers though???
Knock down Ginger or Knocky Door Ginger were the names for a game dating back to 19th century England or possibly before to the Cornish traditional holiday of Nickanan Night. This game or prank is played by children in many cultures. It involves knocking on the front door (or ringing the doorbell) of a victim, then running away before the door can be answered.

Victims of this prank are not likely to call the police, but if they decide to, the "doorbell ditcher" can face charges of trespassing and disturbing the peace. In the United Kingdom, trespassing is a civil matter and not a criminal matter, thus the police will not compile a case for a victim. However, under the Town Police Clauses Act 1847, it is a criminal offence to "wilfully and wantonly disturb any inhabitant, by pulling or ringing any door bell, or knocking at any door" punishable with up to 14 days imprisonment.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour

Post by eastie »

These days its even funnier cos the blighters nick your wireless doorbell, run down the street and then press it. They still press it when you answer the door :Very Happy
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

fishtank wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:We call it knock down Ginger.........no offence to any Gingers on here
I'm lost with what Postman is on about with gingers though???
Sounds like a questionable version "Death Race 2000" - mind you if you got 1000 for Chris Evans I can see the attraction.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
mclovin
Posts: 1106
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
Gender: Male

Re: Deliver as addressed and not to neighbour

Post by mclovin »

Was called knocky nine door round my way.