I hope you went over and helped them out.Day 3 of P&L and the senior runners who've been having it easy are suddenly not the first out the office anymore and are now shouting the odds that everyone should go out at the same time ( it did'nt bother them for the last 20 years+ though,when it was them getting out and finished first).
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
LOVING P&L
-
newtimes
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 595
- Joined: 16 Feb 2012, 14:10
- Gender: Male
Re: LOVING P&L
-
TheCobra
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
- Gender: Male
Re: LOVING P&L
I liek P&L, as I've only been in RM 6 months, I had a total shite round and was using my own car to boot (paying about £15 a week extra petrol), when P&L came in I got a different much better round, currently get on well with my 'postal partner', not only that but they also shaved a 25 minute chunk off my old round, which shows that it was probably a bit too big in the first place.
P&L has been a great leveller as others have alluded to, the gravy train is over for certain people and they are bitching and moaning about it, it has put a lot of people on a level playing field - yes gone are the days of certain people getting home at 12.30, but for those of us who weren't doing that anyway it's been an improvement. I think P&L has been fairly well managed in our office, some of the other places sound like a bit of a nightmare though.
P&L has been a great leveller as others have alluded to, the gravy train is over for certain people and they are bitching and moaning about it, it has put a lot of people on a level playing field - yes gone are the days of certain people getting home at 12.30, but for those of us who weren't doing that anyway it's been an improvement. I think P&L has been fairly well managed in our office, some of the other places sound like a bit of a nightmare though.
-
CORTINA
- Posts: 210
- Joined: 29 Jan 2009, 12:10
- Gender: Male
Re: LOVING P&L
Thats where all having the same walking distance limit on every walk solves this racer problem and is fair for all...ashadd wrote:We have all got to realise that we are paid an hourly rate. They can give us all the work they want to, it doesnt matter, just take it all out, and when its time to cut off , then cut off and bring what you have left back to the office. They sometimes take a couple of loops off some of the walks , but even that isnt enough. Oh and yes , we still have the early starters, the racers, and the ones that dont use trollies.The trouble is that we are going into a repick soon, and if you pick into a walk thats been killed by a racer, then all you will get off management is " well if they can do it , then why cant you?"Thats when the grief will really start.
-
thefridge
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 17 Jan 2012, 11:01
- Gender: Male
Re: LOVING P&L
Been doing p&l for 18 months now and wouldn't go back, cut off sometimes...leave packets lots of times, fail specials most days (management instructions) never ever go more than 10 mins over....use trolleys and love them...
Just wish the other 80% of my office would see sense and use trolleys fking idiots....
The only people who fear p&l are those that were getting the best flyers...
F*ck em..
Just wish the other 80% of my office would see sense and use trolleys fking idiots....
The only people who fear p&l are those that were getting the best flyers...
F*ck em..
-
dubdaz
- Posts: 264
- Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 15:55
- Gender: Male
- Location: london borough in kent
Re: LOVING P&L
Exactlythefridge wrote:Been doing p&l for 18 months now and wouldn't go back, cut off sometimes...leave packets lots of times, fail specials most days (management instructions) never ever go more than 10 mins over....use trolleys and love them...
Just wish the other 80% of my office would see sense and use trolleys fking idiots....
The only people who fear p&l are those that were getting the best flyers...
F*ck em..
Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: LOVING P&L
It's no different under P&L, except you have pairs finishing two hours early and some two hours late instead of individuals. Still J&F at our office and we've had P&L over a year.banner18 wrote:Ours is in soon, cannot wait. The gravy train is coming to an end. Whilst certain people work hard and do their time, others take it easy and finish early. Walkers getting easy days like today, whilst others do their hours. LONG LIVE PARK & LOOP!!!!!!
I love it too btw
-
13
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 22 Feb 2012, 15:35
- Gender: Male
Re: LOVING P&L
Good luck mate, its sh!t.banner18 wrote:Ours is in soon, cannot wait. The gravy train is coming to an end. Whilst certain people work hard and do their time, others take it easy and finish early. Walkers getting easy days like today, whilst others do their hours. LONG LIVE PARK & LOOP!!!!!!
-
Splappy_McSplap
- Posts: 237
- Joined: 02 Sep 2009, 13:55
- Gender: Male
Re: LOVING P&L
I hate to break it to you but I have been measuring walk lengths since P&L came in where I work, and the longest walk is TWICE the distance of the shortest.CORTINA wrote: Thats where all having the same walking distance limit on every walk solves this racer problem and is fair for all...
-
itllnottouchyou
- Posts: 164
- Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 18:21
- Gender: Male
Re: LOVING P&L
We have had our revision in now for 4 months and they based our model week on so many thousand and 2 D2D.Well,we have well over our model week by a long way since, we were still over it the week of the 2 bank holidays and we only had 4 delivery days that week! lol! its not working,its going to be fun and games after the summer! oh yes were still lapsing too 
-
jeanie
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 28 Aug 2010, 19:13
- Gender: Male
Re: LOVING P&L
Our p&L is coming in soon and im worried about it. Our new manager won't listen when you tell them that you cannot complete in time as it is and looking at the new duties and the fact I'll be using a trolley and taking our large pkts etc there is no way I will be able to complete. If like now you say you can't complete I get told that I can and that I will!! If I say im leaving some in I get told I will be suspended and If I say I'll bring back what I can't do I get told I'll get suspended. I just get told that I can and will complete. What do I do I don't want to be suspemded im sick of arguing but im not prepared to work for nothing!!!!!
-
Royal_Fail
- Posts: 398
- Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 19:03
- Gender: Male
Re: LOVING P&L
One of the good things about P&L is you work in pairs so there will be two of you telling manager you can't complete it will be harder for him/her to intimidate you both.jeanie wrote:Our p&L is coming in soon and im worried about it. Our new manager won't listen when you tell them that you cannot complete in time as it is and looking at the new duties and the fact I'll be using a trolley and taking our large pkts etc there is no way I will be able to complete. If like now you say you can't complete I get told that I can and that I will!! If I say im leaving some in I get told I will be suspended and If I say I'll bring back what I can't do I get told I'll get suspended. I just get told that I can and will complete. What do I do I don't want to be suspemded im sick of arguing but im not prepared to work for nothing!!!!!
-
TheCobra
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
- Gender: Male
Re: LOVING P&L
Yep that's definitely something I don't think the managers thought of when they brought in P&L, the fact that they can't go round isolating individual posties and bullying them. The whole section has come together more under P&L and this has definitely taken some of the power off the management.Royal_Fail wrote:One of the good things about P&L is you work in pairs so there will be two of you telling manager you can't complete it will be harder for him/her to intimidate you both.jeanie wrote:Our p&L is coming in soon and im worried about it. Our new manager won't listen when you tell them that you cannot complete in time as it is and looking at the new duties and the fact I'll be using a trolley and taking our large pkts etc there is no way I will be able to complete. If like now you say you can't complete I get told that I can and that I will!! If I say im leaving some in I get told I will be suspended and If I say I'll bring back what I can't do I get told I'll get suspended. I just get told that I can and will complete. What do I do I don't want to be suspemded im sick of arguing but im not prepared to work for nothing!!!!!
-
dubdaz
- Posts: 264
- Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 15:55
- Gender: Male
- Location: london borough in kent
Re: LOVING P&L
Cut off if you've told him you cant complete and he does'nt want you to leave in,he's relying on you to cut corners to cover his f**kup walks.Stay calm,he's paid to sort it out.Ask him to go out with you so he can show you his fantastic way of getting the job done,he wont cos he cant.jeanie wrote:Our p&L is coming in soon and im worried about it. Our new manager won't listen when you tell them that you cannot complete in time as it is and looking at the new duties and the fact I'll be using a trolley and taking our large pkts etc there is no way I will be able to complete. If like now you say you can't complete I get told that I can and that I will!! If I say im leaving some in I get told I will be suspended and If I say I'll bring back what I can't do I get told I'll get suspended. I just get told that I can and will complete. What do I do I don't want to be suspemded im sick of arguing but im not prepared to work for nothing!!!!!
Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing.
-
jeanie
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 28 Aug 2010, 19:13
- Gender: Male
Re: LOVING P&L
If we take the mail out we can't bring it back otherwise we get done for willful delay. They always have an answer for everything them maagers.
-
TheCobra
- Posts: 249
- Joined: 31 Dec 2011, 09:58
- Gender: Male
Re: LOVING P&L
That's bollocks, you are under no actual obligation to work longer than your contract hours. It is more about your own good will than anything else, so if it got into a 'power play' situation with the management, well they don't really have a leg to stand on.jeanie wrote:If we take the mail out we can't bring it back otherwise we get done for willful delay. They always have an answer for everything them maagers.