ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Security

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Security

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:Anyway shouldn't it be Personnel Security Checks?
Unless it involves some kind of probe and cavity search. :nervous
Now there's an interesting take on the poster ft, now we really are looking forward to it nicht wahr? :angel
Indy
Posts: 977
Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
Gender: Male

Re: Security

Post by Indy »

I thought that this would be par for the course. We've had bag checks in the morning i.e. who took mail home! and there have been random locker checks. I guess the only issue would be the level as to which the searches would be taken, I draw the line at the use of rubber gloves :shock:

Is there an issue with theft etc at the OP's DO???
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Security

Post by fishtank »

If the sign means RM "baggage" and vehicles fair enough.
If it means personal belongings and private vehicles it's a non-starter.
The sign isn't clear which it is.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
woofwoof
Posts: 1516
Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
Gender: Male
Location: stinky land

Re: Security

Post by woofwoof »

fishtank wrote:If the sign means RM "baggage" and vehicles fair enough.
If it means personal belongings and private vehicles it's a non-starter.
The sign isn't clear which it is.

its the north east again its s**t the managers are all ex bouncers on coke
AJ1987
Posts: 108
Joined: 29 Apr 2012, 17:29
Gender: Male

Re: Security

Post by AJ1987 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
brothermagrew wrote:I think the above notice should be drawn to the attention of CWU H.Q. and let's see what they have got to say about it.
When my son was at University he worked for a well known supermarket and I am sure they had something similar - he was the rep and H & S Rep for the store and he said it was common throughout the retail industry.
Yep once upon a time I used to work in a supermarket and it was common practice. A manager, it varied between all the managers in the store, would wait by the staff exit and inspect your bags and pockets!