ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

New starter question

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Duffman855
Posts: 5
Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 16:38
Gender: Male

Re: New starter question

Post by Duffman855 »

Re Overtime, there was always a wee dig about it. Once I was even taking into office and told I shouldn`t be doing O/T. I said it was either that or come back with mail and they didn`t want me doing that either :arrrghhh Thankfully now I finish on time every day now I`m fitter and more confident but when I was new it seemed I was always getting extra stuff to do ie lapses, coming back to do parts of other rounds etc.
twangy1
Posts: 4
Joined: 12 Mar 2012, 13:56
Gender: Male

Re: New starter question

Post by twangy1 »

Hey guys I've taken on what you all said thanks for all the replies! I am getting the impression that the managers don't really want people booking overtime but I have been booking it anyway. Today was by far the best day though because I actually finished on time! Never thought it would happen. so i am looking forward to going in tomorrow and not writing anything down on the overtime sheet because then the manager will know I'm booking the overtime honestly. Now my fitness levels are improving the job is getting better every day. I'm on the 'reserves' so I think I'll have to get used to doing new rounds. That's fine by me though. My worries are now over!
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: New starter question

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

I would not get your hopes up too much about completing tomorrow within contrated hours, Fridays are normally the heaviest day (by number of delivery points, quantity of mail, weight of mail/packets etc. etc.), but well done for defending your rights from the sounds of things.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: New starter question

Post by krussel »

twangy1 wrote:My worries are now over!
Glad to hear your getting on better bud :Very Happy

I would not count any chickens yet as it does not take a lot to push you over your time. Managers will never like you booking OT as they seem to act is if its coming out of their pockets. :so there
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........