ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

One half going home early.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
rmcsuafc
Posts: 5
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 19:55
Gender: Male

Re: One half going home early.

Post by rmcsuafc »

This thread interests me. I'm the driver and my partner has made 20 minutes off me for the 5 months we've worked together. I've let it go up to now as I intend to bring this up when I need an early finish but I'm unimpressed that he hasn't once offered to take the last 20 minutes of work so that I can return to the office and finish the same time as him.
wookie
Posts: 319
Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
Gender: Male

Re: One half going home early.

Post by wookie »

rmcsuafc wrote:This thread interests me. I'm the driver and my partner has made 20 minutes off me for the 5 months we've worked together. I've let it go up to now as I intend to bring this up when I need an early finish but I'm unimpressed that he hasn't once offered to take the last 20 minutes of work so that I can return to the office and finish the same time as him.
I've already thought this, is it really fair that the driver is always left to finalise the delivery? If I was the driver I wouldn't be happy. People being allowed to take vans home should never have been allowed, that way everyone has to come back, pouch off together so there is no animosity between supposed 'partners'.
rmcsuafc
Posts: 5
Joined: 03 Feb 2012, 19:55
Gender: Male

Re: One half going home early.

Post by rmcsuafc »

wookie wrote:
rmcsuafc wrote:This thread interests me. I'm the driver and my partner has made 20 minutes off me for the 5 months we've worked together. I've let it go up to now as I intend to bring this up when I need an early finish but I'm unimpressed that he hasn't once offered to take the last 20 minutes of work so that I can return to the office and finish the same time as him.
I've already thought this, is it really fair that the driver is always left to finalise the delivery? If I was the driver I wouldn't be happy. People being allowed to take vans home should never have been allowed, that way everyone has to come back, pouch off together so there is no animosity between supposed 'partners'.
When the revision started we were told everyone returns to the DO, but now the Gaffer just turns a blind eye to people going straight home. A couple of the pairings aren't speaking to each other over this and the atmosphere/morale is totally sh*t.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: One half going home early.

Post by eastie »

thats alright if the office is still open when you finish your round.
Ours shuts at 3pm