do gooder like they would find outDGP1 wrote:Because if you don't tell them and you try to claim they will find out and refuse to pay out.bringon4dayweeks wrote:why tell the insurance company only do gooders do thatdubdaz wrote:OK here goes.DGP1 wrote:I personally don't know why people are having a major problem with driving for RMmaybe those who are so against it can explain it to me.
I've paid low insurance premiums for years because I only do about 4000 miles a year or less. Insurance companys charge people who dont do a lot of mileage less than those who do,because they are LESS likely to have an accident.
Driving for royal mail will dramatically increase my chances of having an accident, which I would have to reveal in the event of one, to MY insurance company.MY insurance company could then, if they saw fit increase MY premiums.
If it was law that you didnt have to inform your own insurance of accidents whilst driving for royal mail I would have no problem whatsoever driving for them.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
P&L Loophole?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: P&L Loophole?
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: P&L Loophole?
Yeah, what's a bit of fraud between friends 
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: P&L Loophole?
Do you really think they wouldn't? Do you not think that they go out of their way to refuse a claim over the slightest mistake?bringon4dayweeks wrote: do gooder like they would find out
But if you think you can go ahead and lie to your insurance company then by all means go ahead but don't complain when you get caught.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: P&L Loophole?
they dont have your address its up to you i wouldnt because they are rip off merchantsTeeferTiger wrote:Yeah, what's a bit of fraud between friends
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: P&L Loophole?
Who doesn't have your address?!bringon4dayweeks wrote:they dont have your address its up to you i wouldnt because they are rip off merchantsTeeferTiger wrote:Yeah, what's a bit of fraud between friends
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: P&L Loophole?
if you have a smash in a rm van you dont give your own address you give the office addressTeeferTiger wrote:Who doesn't have your address?!bringon4dayweeks wrote:they dont have your address its up to you i wouldnt because they are rip off merchantsTeeferTiger wrote:Yeah, what's a bit of fraud between friends
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: P&L Loophole?
No, but you have to declare to your insurers whether you've had an accident in the last 5 years or whatever! Like I said, what's a bit of insurance fraud between friends...bringon4dayweeks wrote:if you have a smash in a rm van you dont give your own address you give the office addressTeeferTiger wrote:Who doesn't have your address?!bringon4dayweeks wrote:they dont have your address its up to you i wouldnt because they are rip off merchantsTeeferTiger wrote:Yeah, what's a bit of fraud between friends
Lying to your insurance company is a big
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: P&L Loophole?
ok do gooder it could cost you hundreds of poundsTeeferTiger wrote:No, but you have to declare to your insurers whether you've had an accident in the last 5 years or whatever! Like I said, what's a bit of insurance fraud between friends...bringon4dayweeks wrote:if you have a smash in a rm van you dont give your own address you give the office addressTeeferTiger wrote:Who doesn't have your address?!bringon4dayweeks wrote:they dont have your address its up to you i wouldnt because they are rip off merchantsTeeferTiger wrote:Yeah, what's a bit of fraud between friends
Lying to your insurance company is a bigOtherwise you'll find yourself up poo creek without a kayak never mind a paddle if they find out should you ever need to claim. There is such a thing as a database you know, and insurance companies share information on this database. I wouldn't like to find out the hard way that they've shared details of your accident in a RM van on there.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: P&L Loophole?
look at it like this a postie has a crash its their fault but he doesnt have a car . What does he do ring up direct line and give them 300 quid for the pleasure ??bringon4dayweeks wrote:ok do gooder it could cost you hundreds of poundsTeeferTiger wrote:No, but you have to declare to your insurers whether you've had an accident in the last 5 years or whatever! Like I said, what's a bit of insurance fraud between friends...bringon4dayweeks wrote:if you have a smash in a rm van you dont give your own address you give the office addressTeeferTiger wrote:Who doesn't have your address?!bringon4dayweeks wrote:they dont have your address its up to you i wouldnt because they are rip off merchantsTeeferTiger wrote:Yeah, what's a bit of fraud between friends
Lying to your insurance company is a bigOtherwise you'll find yourself up poo creek without a kayak never mind a paddle if they find out should you ever need to claim. There is such a thing as a database you know, and insurance companies share information on this database. I wouldn't like to find out the hard way that they've shared details of your accident in a RM van on there.
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: P&L Loophole?
No, but when he does get insurance and they ask "Have you had any accidents, regardless of fault, in the last 5 years?" He would have to say "Yes" providing it was in the last 5 years of course.bringon4dayweeks wrote:look at it like this a postie has a crash its their fault but he doesnt have a car . What does he do ring up direct line and give them 300 quid for the pleasure ??bringon4dayweeks wrote:ok do gooder it could cost you hundreds of poundsTeeferTiger wrote:No, but you have to declare to your insurers whether you've had an accident in the last 5 years or whatever! Like I said, what's a bit of insurance fraud between friends...bringon4dayweeks wrote:if you have a smash in a rm van you dont give your own address you give the office addressTeeferTiger wrote:Who doesn't have your address?!bringon4dayweeks wrote:they dont have your address its up to you i wouldnt because they are rip off merchantsTeeferTiger wrote:Yeah, what's a bit of fraud between friends
Lying to your insurance company is a bigOtherwise you'll find yourself up poo creek without a kayak never mind a paddle if they find out should you ever need to claim. There is such a thing as a database you know, and insurance companies share information on this database. I wouldn't like to find out the hard way that they've shared details of your accident in a RM van on there.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: P&L Loophole?
Not a do gooder, just not dumb. I've worked in insurance.bringon4dayweeks wrote:ok do gooder it could cost you hundreds of poundsTeeferTiger wrote:No, but you have to declare to your insurers whether you've had an accident in the last 5 years or whatever! Like I said, what's a bit of insurance fraud between friends...bringon4dayweeks wrote:if you have a smash in a rm van you dont give your own address you give the office addressTeeferTiger wrote:Who doesn't have your address?!bringon4dayweeks wrote:they dont have your address its up to you i wouldnt because they are rip off merchantsTeeferTiger wrote:Yeah, what's a bit of fraud between friends
Lying to your insurance company is a bigOtherwise you'll find yourself up poo creek without a kayak never mind a paddle if they find out should you ever need to claim. There is such a thing as a database you know, and insurance companies share information on this database. I wouldn't like to find out the hard way that they've shared details of your accident in a RM van on there.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: P&L Loophole?
ok did you get minimum wage ? while the director had a 110 000 quid car ?TeeferTiger wrote:Not a do gooder, just not dumb. I've worked in insurance.bringon4dayweeks wrote:ok do gooder it could cost you hundreds of poundsTeeferTiger wrote:No, but you have to declare to your insurers whether you've had an accident in the last 5 years or whatever! Like I said, what's a bit of insurance fraud between friends...bringon4dayweeks wrote:if you have a smash in a rm van you dont give your own address you give the office addressTeeferTiger wrote:Who doesn't have your address?!bringon4dayweeks wrote:they dont have your address its up to you i wouldnt because they are rip off merchantsTeeferTiger wrote:Yeah, what's a bit of fraud between friends
Lying to your insurance company is a bigOtherwise you'll find yourself up poo creek without a kayak never mind a paddle if they find out should you ever need to claim. There is such a thing as a database you know, and insurance companies share information on this database. I wouldn't like to find out the hard way that they've shared details of your accident in a RM van on there.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: P&L Loophole?
And how does that work,'don't crash' and 'take time ect...' .DGP1 wrote:Don't crash thendubdaz wrote:OK here goes.DGP1 wrote:I personally don't know why people are having a major problem with driving for RMmaybe those who are so against it can explain it to me.
I've paid low insurance premiums for years because I only do about 4000 miles a year or less. Insurance companys charge people who dont do a lot of mileage less than those who do,because they are LESS likely to have an accident.
Driving for royal mail will dramatically increase my chances of having an accident, which I would have to reveal in the event of one, to MY insurance company.MY insurance company could then, if they saw fit increase MY premiums.
If it was law that you didnt have to inform your own insurance of accidents whilst driving for royal mail I would have no problem whatsoever driving for them.in all my years driving in RM I've only had one blameworthy (even then I wasn't really to blame because you can't allow for a tree blown down in the middle of the road on a pitch black road) and since then I've slowed right down and am more careful about it. Take the time to drive safely and you won't cause an accident.
Many a safe driver have been involved in an accident due to no fault of their own.
Driving for RM pushes that risk up.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: P&L Loophole?
you tell the insurance company you are a postperson but you could never go near a vanPOSTMAN wrote:And how does that work,'don't crash' and 'take time ect...' .DGP1 wrote:Don't crash thendubdaz wrote:OK here goes.DGP1 wrote:I personally don't know why people are having a major problem with driving for RMmaybe those who are so against it can explain it to me.
I've paid low insurance premiums for years because I only do about 4000 miles a year or less. Insurance companys charge people who dont do a lot of mileage less than those who do,because they are LESS likely to have an accident.
Driving for royal mail will dramatically increase my chances of having an accident, which I would have to reveal in the event of one, to MY insurance company.MY insurance company could then, if they saw fit increase MY premiums.
If it was law that you didnt have to inform your own insurance of accidents whilst driving for royal mail I would have no problem whatsoever driving for them.in all my years driving in RM I've only had one blameworthy (even then I wasn't really to blame because you can't allow for a tree blown down in the middle of the road on a pitch black road) and since then I've slowed right down and am more careful about it. Take the time to drive safely and you won't cause an accident.
Many a safe driver have been involved in an accident due to no fault of their own.
Driving for RM pushes that risk up.
-
TeeferTiger
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2783
- Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
- Gender: Female
- Location: Welsh Wales
Re: P&L Loophole?
The only accident I've had that involved hitting something, was a non fault when some deaf, blind old geezer pulled out in front of me at a junction (not in a RM van). Then he wouldn't pull over to give me his details. So the Police went to visit him and his TV was on full blast because he couldn't hear it, and he had to feel his way around the TV for the switch to turn it off. The PC was investigating then gave me a guilt trip to not press charges because the guy needed his car to go visit his wife who had recently been put into a care home. So this guy who could barely see or hear was allowed to carry on drivingPOSTMAN wrote:And how does that work,'don't crash' and 'take time ect...' .DGP1 wrote:Don't crash thendubdaz wrote:OK here goes.DGP1 wrote:I personally don't know why people are having a major problem with driving for RMmaybe those who are so against it can explain it to me.
I've paid low insurance premiums for years because I only do about 4000 miles a year or less. Insurance companys charge people who dont do a lot of mileage less than those who do,because they are LESS likely to have an accident.
Driving for royal mail will dramatically increase my chances of having an accident, which I would have to reveal in the event of one, to MY insurance company.MY insurance company could then, if they saw fit increase MY premiums.
If it was law that you didnt have to inform your own insurance of accidents whilst driving for royal mail I would have no problem whatsoever driving for them.in all my years driving in RM I've only had one blameworthy (even then I wasn't really to blame because you can't allow for a tree blown down in the middle of the road on a pitch black road) and since then I've slowed right down and am more careful about it. Take the time to drive safely and you won't cause an accident.
Many a safe driver have been involved in an accident due to no fault of their own.
Driving for RM pushes that risk up.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?