ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Awards versus Bonus

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Awards versus Bonus

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
Blade Runner wrote:Like I said, only a humble OPG.
Do not work O/T will not do O/T and they will not force me to do O/T, and they know better than to ask me to do O/T because they know what the asnwer will be.
Come in to time and go home to time.
Stopped doing O/T over 10 years ago once mortgage paid off.
Only worked O/T in the past as a means to an end.
The statement wasn't about O/T.
How many allowances are you in receipt of to come up with the magic figure of £10.86 an hour?
Without allowances that would be a basic of £435 which isn't "humble OPG" money Blade Runner.
Like i said when you're making your usual statements try to remember that not everyone is making the same kind of money as you...or has their mortgage paid off...or took their pension early.
You might be comfortable...a lot of these guys are struggling.
TBH I can appreciate how much of a struggle it is. Even though I am older and in a comfortable position financially, I don't forget how hard it was as a single earner trying to pay a mortgage with three children. Often robbing peter to pay paul and going without to keep costs down. Believe me when I say there was absolutely no frills. I always find it strange that when we were younger and hadn't any money the banks never sent a letter asking you if you could do with a loan...................now there is hardly a week goes by when they are offering a kings ransom to borrow..........now when we don't need it, 30 years ago I would have snatched their hand off.
bunkerland
Posts: 546
Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: Awards versus Bonus

Post by bunkerland »

dvbuk55 wrote: I don't forget how hard it was as a single earner trying to pay a mortgage with three children. Often robbing peter to pay paul
That doesn't sound like very good parenting dv,what's the name of your third child?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Awards versus Bonus

Post by dvbuk55 »

bunkerland wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote: I don't forget how hard it was as a single earner trying to pay a mortgage with three children. Often robbing peter to pay paul
That doesn't sound like very good parenting dv,what's the name of your third child?
It wasn't a single parent family though bunker, just that my wife looked after the children whilst I went to work for as many hours a week that I could, Saturday, Sunday, night time - no frivoulous tv and socialising for me.
bunkerland
Posts: 546
Joined: 11 Oct 2009, 21:40
Gender: Male

Re: Awards versus Bonus

Post by bunkerland »

dvbuk55 wrote:
bunkerland wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote: I don't forget how hard it was as a single earner trying to pay a mortgage with three children. Often robbing peter to pay paul
That doesn't sound like very good parenting dv,what's the name of your third child?
It wasn't a single parent family though bunker, just that my wife looked after the children whilst I went to work for as many hours a week that I could, Saturday, Sunday, night time - no frivoulous tv and socialising for me.
Not sure you picked up that one how it was intended dv,but i agree you do whatever you can for your family,i've worked two jobs before and gone through times when i barely saw my wife the during week due to swapping babysitting and working roles! Then people see that you're fairly well off and think you've been lucky in some way!