ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Asked to work when on sick

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
music4essex
Posts: 717
Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
Gender: Female

Re: Asked to work when on sick

Post by music4essex »

[quote][/quote] "Next time he suggests a meeting tell him to bring his boss and bring your area rep."
fishtank

Funny I done exactly that last week, sidestepped my dom/lino had a meeting with there manager/ both area reps and disability champion, awaiting outcome of meeting as dom has not made any changes to my walk.

Last night had a call from Atos asking for another 1-1 telephone call, said I had no knowledge of this and suggest they contact dom again as as far as I am concerned the meeting that took place last week with there manager supercedes this, Mind you when I asked the atos caller what it is about they would not tell me, I did also say that the letter I got from dave Joyce regarding my manager was not very complimentary to them :funneh
I said I had seen the atos doctor and he said I was fit to do delivery(with slight changes) and moving to a mailcentre or IHR is not an option :nana :nana .

I must say the doms are persistent in my office they send you to atos and then take no notice of what they suggest, but cannot make a decision on there own, without atos input :crazy:

TOWI-Essex mum :wave
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Asked to work when on sick

Post by POSTMAN »

andy prentice wrote:Does' anyone have the Atos phone number? as i've lost it
http://www.atoshealthcare.com/index.php ... Itemid=226" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
spoodoo
Posts: 829
Joined: 06 Sep 2009, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Asked to work when on sick

Post by spoodoo »

When you get home from work tell youre wife or hubby whats happened at work the day ,its met with shock ,horror ,or you must be havin a laugh. Yes this is the way we are treated .
hantsman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 876
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 09:33
Gender: Male

Re: Asked to work when on sick

Post by hantsman »

music4essex wrote:
"Next time he suggests a meeting tell him to bring his boss and bring your area rep."
fishtank

Funny I done exactly that last week, sidestepped my dom/lino had a meeting with there manager/ both area reps and disability champion, awaiting outcome of meeting as dom has not made any changes to my walk.

Last night had a call from Atos asking for another 1-1 telephone call, said I had no knowledge of this and suggest they contact dom again as as far as I am concerned the meeting that took place last week with there manager supercedes this, Mind you when I asked the atos caller what it is about they would not tell me, I did also say that the letter I got from dave Joyce regarding my manager was not very complimentary to them :funneh
I said I had seen the atos doctor and he said I was fit to do delivery(with slight changes) and moving to a mailcentre or IHR is not an option :nana :nana .

I must say the doms are persistent in my office they send you to atos and then take no notice of what they suggest, but cannot make a decision on there own, without atos input :crazy:

TOWI-Essex mum :wave
I would only deal with ATOS by letter and not any calls. That way its all in writing.