ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Delivery Job Reviewed because of accident book

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Delivery Job Reviewed because of accident book

Post by Stormproof »

TeeferTiger wrote:
Stormproof wrote:
keithposty wrote:why did your dom say come into work on light duties as it may trigger a stage 1

accidents on duty are normally discounted from the attendance procedure

was a risk assessmant and back to work interview done

you say recorded in accident book

I TAKE IT THIS WAS NOT A BOOK BUT REPORTED ON LINE USING THE ERICA SYSTEM

HE HAS NO GROUNDS FOR BRINGING UP PAST ACCIDENTS, ONLY IN EVERY 12 MONTH CYCLE (attendance procedure) if you were on it

what does the rep say, i would contact the area rep or area safety rep on this, this is no more than b&h
They can & will give you a stage for an AOD. I had one for the AOD I had and 1 for the op caused by the AOD.
I'm sure there's something in the notes about AODs and pregnancy and stage warnings not being issued for absences related to either...? I can't recall the wording though.
You are probably right...........but you get these brown nose LM's that don't listen and issue everything going. The one who issued my last stage even had the same surgeon operate on their knee who done mine, knew all the s**t I had been through and still issued it. At least when/if my attendance record hits another stage 3 they will look like the incompetant fools they are because they did'nt follow procedure :wave
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Delivery Job Reviewed because of accident book

Post by TeeferTiger »

I'm hoping someone else can recall the wording for me... <waits in hope> (and I don't mean I'm going to go sit in Wrecsam until someone finds the answer...)
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Delivery Job Reviewed because of accident book

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

TeeferTiger wrote:I'm hoping someone else can recall the wording for me... <waits in hope> (and I don't mean I'm going to go sit in Wrecsam until someone finds the answer...)
its clear and both are in introduction to theAttendance procedure:
Absences which relate to a woman’s pregnancy or pregnancy related illness should
be discounted.
Accidents which happen in the course of Royal Mail work would normally be discounted.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Delivery Job Reviewed because of accident book

Post by TeeferTiger »

Chars Teebs :)
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Delivery Job Reviewed because of accident book

Post by Stormproof »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
TeeferTiger wrote:I'm hoping someone else can recall the wording for me... <waits in hope> (and I don't mean I'm going to go sit in Wrecsam until someone finds the answer...)
its clear and both are in introduction to theAttendance procedure:
Absences which relate to a woman’s pregnancy or pregnancy related illness should
be discounted.
Accidents which happen in the course of Royal Mail work would normally be discounted.
Well done Teebs.
The wording 'should' and 'normally' does'nt seem to give anyone much faith in the system though.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Delivery Job Reviewed because of accident book

Post by TeeferTiger »

That's what I thought :neutral: But all Stage 1s and 2s are at manager's discretion anyway until the DSM kicks off because they're not being issued and making the sector "look bad" <~~~wtf?! How can them not being issued make the sector "look bad". If they're not being issued for a genuine reason, then does it matter? The real answer is no. In the screwed up world of RM, for some reason it looks better to have staff being warned left, right and centre for absences that may or may not be their fault.
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
bandit650
Posts: 880
Joined: 14 Aug 2007, 15:42
Gender: Female

Re: Delivery Job Reviewed because of accident book

Post by bandit650 »

So the guy/girl who hit you with the van while you were doing daily checks on the van you were using what happened to this person was he/she interviewed and if not why not?only the accident was not your fault it was the other person who was not being careful!he/she hit you while reversing so how is your manager bringing that into play as your fault,what your has not got a clue manager should be worrying about is have you been injured will it cause you problems in the future and why is he not investigating the person who hit you,if it gets proved that he/she has not investigated that part under the Why,How,Where,When then he/she could be leaving themselves wide open especially if your manager forces you into another roll because he has deemed you as not able to do your job,if i was you i would get in touch with your union rep and your h&s rep.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Delivery Job Reviewed because of accident book

Post by Lounge Lizard »

daveg77 wrote:I got squashed between two royal mail vans about two weeks ago when I was checking my oil level, some idiot reversed into me from about 20m away, I obviously hurt my knees and had some damage behind my knees but am able to limp around, I was told by a manager it would be best to come in on light duties otherwise it would trigger a stage 1 and that a sick absence record was the easiest way to get rid of someone which would not be a good idea with past issues I have had with my DOM.
I came into work on light duties for fear of risk to my job, however halfway through filling out my accident report I get called in to see the DOM who said he has been looking through my accident book and I have had 5 accidents in the past 5 years (trapped nerve in my neck lifting overweight packet bag, cut finger after size door catch failing, burn to wrist from tea urn, top was not fitted correctly, fractured thumb on faulty cast iron gate, and knee injury due to being run over)
He said that I had the highest number of accidents in the office (A lie) and that why he was looking at me first, and the only way he could think of to stop me having accidents would be to look at removing me from duty as a delivery post man and I am waiting for a phone call from ATOS so he can make his decision based on their report. I am confused only one of the five accidents resulted in an absence of 1/2 a day because the hospital gave my drugs making impossible to drive or work. four of the five accidents happened on the premises not on delivery, he also said that would mean moving me to an indoor job which there are none in my office so he would have to move me out of my current office, My DOM also brought up the fact that I gave out his phone number to a customer about five months ago.
I seems to me not only am I being penalized for following the law and RM procedures by recording my accidents in the accident book, but my DOM is using this to remove me out of the office because of a personal vendetta he has with me. The CWU are aware but nothing has been done to stop this process. I would not be able to afford to travel to an office out of the area, and I am more than capable of doing my outdoor delivery as I have done so for the last 8 1/2 years with no problems.
"I seems to me not only am I being penalized for following the law and RM procedures by recording my accidents in the accident book" - absolutely, which is why, along with the reporting process being such a rigmerole, so many minor accidents are no longer reported. :sad: