ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Told to do Special Delivery items first...
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Told to do Special Delivery items first...
I've started doing the loops with specials in first, if we know we are not going to get to some before 1pm we'll go there first and get them out of the way so we've not got to worry about it later. Bit of a pain if we've Specials in all the 12 loops but thats not our problem, just get them done & cut off later if you have to.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
bogstandard
- Posts: 1074
- Joined: 08 Nov 2007, 06:16
Re: Told to do Special Delivery items first...
from a practical point of view it does make sense to deliver as you go, and at some point make a decision to attend to any remaining specials before 12:00. However we do not work in a practical environment with competent managers. Therefore if we do as we are asked and do not keep putting forward the more common sense solutions and reasons for them our managers will go into meltdown due to the fact that we are no longer supplying them with excellent reasons why we don't do things that way.
As I was once told "let managers manage".
Our opinions of their competency will in many cases become FACT.
As I was once told "let managers manage".
Our opinions of their competency will in many cases become FACT.
Confused... You won't be, after the next episode of. SOAP
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Told to do Special Delivery items first...
I'll go along with that theory bogs....but as mentioned on other posts it's not your Experienced Regular who has problems...it's the Inexperienced Newbie or Reserve (with little knowledge of the walk layout, sometimes doing it Blindbogstandard wrote:from a practical point of view it does make sense to deliver as you go, and at some point make a decision to attend to any remaining specials before 12:00.
.
On the point of mobiles..REVERSE THE CHARGES put this no. in your memory REVERSE = 08007383773 and phone it everytime you need/want to ring in. Just follow the instructions easy!
I was going to say something stupid like the CWU should be publicising and encouraging Posties to Reverse Charges..We should not be subsidising RM.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
mclovin
- Posts: 1106
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Told to do Special Delivery items first...
Walking.
Vans??? Yeah right, not in my parish......errr ever I would think.
I like the saying "Let managers manage", if I find one that didnt remind me of a caretaker like Mr Griffiths, I would.
Vans??? Yeah right, not in my parish......errr ever I would think.
I like the saying "Let managers manage", if I find one that didnt remind me of a caretaker like Mr Griffiths, I would.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Told to do Special Delivery items first...
who gets 12 specials ???????????????Stormproof wrote:I've started doing the loops with specials in first, if we know we are not going to get to some before 1pm we'll go there first and get them out of the way so we've not got to worry about it later. Bit of a pain if we've Specials in all the 12 loops but thats not our problem, just get them done & cut off later if you have to.
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Told to do Special Delivery items first...
We can easily get 12 especially now we are on P & L. 3 walks condensed into 2.bringon4dayweeks wrote:who gets 12 specials ???????????????Stormproof wrote:I've started doing the loops with specials in first, if we know we are not going to get to some before 1pm we'll go there first and get them out of the way so we've not got to worry about it later. Bit of a pain if we've Specials in all the 12 loops but thats not our problem, just get them done & cut off later if you have to.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Told to do Special Delivery items first...
I regularly get 10 to 12 specials on our P/L