ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Spick and span veteran vans

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72771
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Spick and span veteran vans

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

DGP1 wrote:
youwot!!!!! wrote:
not to mention keeping a look out for your favourite sheep. :nana :nana
I'm not Welsh :whistle
The wild tatties then.....
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
kawoxux
Posts: 300
Joined: 18 Aug 2011, 19:36
Gender: Male

Re: Spick and span veteran vans

Post by kawoxux »

bedfordrl wrote:Bloody hell that ,that's a 54 plate on that van, it's seven years old !!.
Just be glad we dont have to use these things designed in the 80s, like Moya's previous employers:

Image
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Spick and span veteran vans

Post by Lounge Lizard »

kawoxux wrote:
bedfordrl wrote:Bloody hell that ,that's a 54 plate on that van, it's seven years old !!.
Just be glad we dont have to use these things designed in the 80s, like Moya's previous employers:

Image
His high visibility waistcoat is the wrong colour too. :shock:
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Spick and span veteran vans

Post by krussel »

I notice its right hand drive which i guess give better access to the pavement :hmmmm

Not sure about that BIG wing mirror though :left:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Spick and span veteran vans

Post by TeeferTiger »

And mail on the front seat, in full view... :shock: lol
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?
PhilthyPhil
Posts: 1155
Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15

Re: Spick and span veteran vans

Post by PhilthyPhil »

They don't have a passanger seat. They have a tray for putting the mail boxes on instead. If only we could get vans actually designed for delivering mail instead of just the cheapest crap RM can get their hands on.
DH73
Posts: 42
Joined: 10 Apr 2010, 13:00
Gender: Male

Re: Spick and span veteran vans

Post by DH73 »

I keep my van clean and tidy. It gets a wash on Tuesdays, when I get back off delivery. I do the proper checks every day - it's your licence at stake after all.

Some of the vans in our office are a disgrace, especially those used by the SPDO/ rural drivers. As long as I'm looking after my van, I don't care what the others do or don't do - that's the DOM's problem not mine.