ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

packet delivering at christmas

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72774
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: packet delivering at christmas

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

jaylime wrote:Nevermind the packets,what about the bastard tracked.I am one of only two drivers in our office and we are expected to take all the tracked between us.Last christmas(I gave you my heart)*JOKE*.I left the tracked all week and did them on docket on the saturday(4 hours).I'm buggered if i'm doing the same again this year.When I asked our Manager about a solution,he just said we will see what happens,GREAT!!!!!!!. :crazy:
Thats the one great failing IMO of Royal Mail managements style.

A wiser man than me once said "If you fail to prepare, then prepare to fail". In other words surely its better to have plans in place in case a situation rises, rather than hit the panic button when the unexpected occurs. If he plans cover for the packets, and then doesn't need it - no damage. If he does not plan cover, needs it, and people refuse docket - he is in deep do do.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: packet delivering at christmas

Post by Dorset Plodder »

jaylime wrote:Nevermind the packets,what about the bastard tracked.I am one of only two drivers in our office and we are expected to take all the tracked between us.Last christmas(I gave you my heart)*JOKE*.I left the tracked all week and did them on docket on the saturday(4 hours).I'm buggered if i'm doing the same again this year.When I asked our Manager about a solution,he just said we will see what happens,GREAT!!!!!!!. :crazy:
How come you get dicked with all the tracked Jay? If the packets are small enough to go through a letterbox then surely the cyclist/walkers/trolley jocks can take them? The regular postie "should" know which addresses on his walk have "Good/Large" letterboxes and which have "Bad/Little" ones! :hmmmm

We often have the callers office staff :cuppa come around with Tracked Items and say, "This'll go through the letterbox won't it ? I've already scanned it as Delivered". And as we've discussed elsewhere on this Site...Tracked are not Specials! Looks like your "Colleagues" are taking the piss by leaving it all up to you. :no no
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72774
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: packet delivering at christmas

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Dorset Plodder wrote:
jaylime wrote:Nevermind the packets,what about the bastard tracked.I am one of only two drivers in our office and we are expected to take all the tracked between us.Last christmas(I gave you my heart)*JOKE*.I left the tracked all week and did them on docket on the saturday(4 hours).I'm buggered if i'm doing the same again this year.When I asked our Manager about a solution,he just said we will see what happens,GREAT!!!!!!!. :crazy:
How come you get dicked with all the tracked Jay? If the packets are small enough to go through a letterbox then surely the cyclist/walkers/trolley jocks can take them? The regular postie "should" know which addresses on his walk have "Good/Large" letterboxes and which have "Bad/Little" ones! :hmmmm

We often have the callers office staff :cuppa come around with Tracked Items and say, "This'll go through the letterbox won't it ? I've already scanned it as Delivered". And as we've discussed elsewhere on this Site...Tracked are not Specials! Looks like your "Colleagues" are taking the piss by leaving it all up to you. :no no
Conversely we have been bollocked here for doing what you suggest. Apparently, if what we were told in WTL is correct, the biggest selling point of Tracked (signed and unsigned) is that the sender knows exactly when it was delivered. In fact our drivers have been told that if they do not scan on doorstep (either delivered or not) that disciplinary action may result.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: packet delivering at christmas

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Sounds about right TBT. 1500 Offices = 1500 different systems + "Local Agreements" = Crap Service! :roll:
Once again why can't we get a Company Wide policy that everyone is aware of and everyone sticks to? Surely it can't be that difficult? :hmmmm

As for the Theory of our new "Flagship Product", I can't see the sense of having something treated like a Special but then Not Signed for and just stuffed in a "Safe Place", which we all know means just dumped in any shed or bin so you can get rid of the bloody thing! :crazy:
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)