I reckon the 48 hours is the safest bet - depending on where you pouch off - also take into account the fact that customers can't count (i.e. queue up for 30 mins at callers office - say "I know it says 90 days but I thought I'd give it a try" )
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How many "hours" on red notice left card?
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: How many "hours" on red notice left card?
... as a floater (on job and knock) I make it up as I go along ... don't always get back to DO (can pouch off at any local Post Office - if there's one handy) - today I HAD to get back to DO to drop off pouch box keys as I'm in a different office tomorrow - so I put 24 hours - other days (in different offices) I can put anything from 5 hours to 20 minutes ... always 72 hours on a Saturday mind ...
I reckon the 48 hours is the safest bet - depending on where you pouch off - also take into account the fact that customers can't count (i.e. queue up for 30 mins at callers office - say "I know it says 90 days but I thought I'd give it a try" )
I reckon the 48 hours is the safest bet - depending on where you pouch off - also take into account the fact that customers can't count (i.e. queue up for 30 mins at callers office - say "I know it says 90 days but I thought I'd give it a try" )
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
slave
- Posts: 433
- Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 21:39
- Location: North West
Re: How many "hours" on red notice left card?
Always 48 hours - MC had a spell of being useless when it came to giving us back our 739s, they do seem better now, but still do 48 just to be safe! And especially as it's approaching Christmas..
-
PhilthyPhil
- Posts: 1155
- Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15
Re: How many "hours" on red notice left card?
On streetview there is a bloke walking out of the DO with three pouchesTrueBlueTerrier wrote:We would need approximately 100 extra vehicles and if you type HD1 1AA into Google Maps you'll see the reason why.
-
kawoxux
- Posts: 300
- Joined: 18 Aug 2011, 19:36
- Gender: Male
Re: How many "hours" on red notice left card?
And someone loading up his own car with bags opposite the gatesPhilthyPhil wrote:On streetview there is a bloke walking out of the DO with three pouchesTrueBlueTerrier wrote:We would need approximately 100 extra vehicles and if you type HD1 1AA into Google Maps you'll see the reason why.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: How many "hours" on red notice left card?
it looks like two bagsPhilthyPhil wrote:On streetview there is a bloke walking out of the DO with three pouchesTrueBlueTerrier wrote:We would need approximately 100 extra vehicles and if you type HD1 1AA into Google Maps you'll see the reason why.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: How many "hours" on red notice left card?
I'm 48hrs as well,and let's be honest,it is so so wrong.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: How many "hours" on red notice left card?
Well we've been at 24 hours since before last Christmas, even then it's touch and go to keep the callers clear. It would be no great trick to have same day collection BUT the manpower would be needed to maintain it and that isn't forthcoming. The queues for the callers is out of the door and down the footpath as it is. There are moves afoot to rectify this, they're making the callers office largerfishtank wrote:I think you may be pulled up for this at some level.
Royal Mail are pushing same day collection as one of their next big things.
It's one of the reasons that revisions are planned around everyone returning to the D.O.
Don't be surprised if your DOM comes off a conference call with a red face and a plan B.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72774
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: How many "hours" on red notice left card?
The one with 3 can be seen actually inside the gates walking out on one position but can't be seen from the next one The one I find amazing is the one with a HCT and a pouch. Both look full. (behind the rubbish truck)bringon4dayweeks wrote:it looks like two bagsPhilthyPhil wrote:On streetview there is a bloke walking out of the DO with three pouchesTrueBlueTerrier wrote:We would need approximately 100 extra vehicles and if you type HD1 1AA into Google Maps you'll see the reason why.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
-
L8Hatter
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 13:26
- Gender: Male
Re: How many "hours" on red notice left card?
Both are fairly common at ours. Massive DO, tiny car park. There's probably a few rules being bent though?kawoxux wrote:And someone loading up his own car with bags opposite the gatesPhilthyPhil wrote:On streetview there is a bloke walking out of the DO with three pouchesTrueBlueTerrier wrote:We would need approximately 100 extra vehicles and if you type HD1 1AA into Google Maps you'll see the reason why.
-
L8Hatter
- Posts: 191
- Joined: 24 Mar 2010, 13:26
- Gender: Male
Re: How many "hours" on red notice left card?
Am one of the few who returns to the DO so usually put 24 hours. 48 hours for those who are never in and don't tip 
-
farmer69
- Posts: 24
- Joined: 18 Nov 2010, 13:26
- Gender: Male
Re: How many "hours" on red notice left card?
lol. I used to put '24 hours' but got pulled up by the DOM as 'it sounds bad' ! and have now been told to put an arrow from the box and write in the space above 'until 11.30am {following day}. Which is the same thing, essentially, but is apparently slightly more palatable to customers
but takes longer to write 
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: How many "hours" on red notice left card?
Is this due to lot of organisation and one way street ?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Even some of the managers don't expect it here. We would need approximately 100 extra vehicles and if you type HD1 1AA into Google Maps you'll see the reason why.fishtank wrote:TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Specials are 100% usually there the next day (say from 8am) - But other items are 50/50 whether they get back or not. Huddersfield DO covers a vast area as we are the 10th largest town in the UK, so we finish on the street. Because of his we pouch off and it all goes back to the Mail Centre, which is closing soon.NewPostieUK wrote:Does it always take that long to get a packet onto the shelf in the callers office?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:48 hours for everything here.
What happens after P&L?
However, I do expect it and think we will have to return all items - but you can see the problems.
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: How many "hours" on red notice left card?
24hrs at my office, always has been since SDD came in. Nothing is logged coming back in, we used to have a computer system but our old DOM (who went on to set up WCM)got rid of it. You still get the odd fuckwit that turns up before the postie is back though.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: How many "hours" on red notice left card?
Our callers office shuts at 18.30 Mon-Fri so i normally write 'collect after 3p.m' on the 739.
On a Saturday the counter shuts at 12.30p.m so i normally write 'collect Monday'.
On a Saturday the counter shuts at 12.30p.m so i normally write 'collect Monday'.
