ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Why do postmen have to sign the official secrets act?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
wallop
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 251
Joined: 02 Feb 2011, 07:34
Gender: Male

Re: Why do postmen have to sign the official secrets act?

Post by wallop »

It's only concerning disclosing things that are covered by the official secrets act though.
mclovin
Posts: 1106
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
Gender: Male

Re: Why do postmen have to sign the official secrets act?

Post by mclovin »

What does RM's Personal Declaration cover? That's what I signed in 95. Doesn't seem to cover anything I was dismissed for, strange why it's been sent with the case notes.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Why do postmen have to sign the official secrets act?

Post by k979aaa »

Maybe it's so we cannot tell the press about all the packet's/letter's brought back to the office at our finnish time!. :shhhhh
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Why do postmen have to sign the official secrets act?

Post by POSTMAN »

See here...
PERSONAL DECLARATION to Royal Mail Group
(Royal Mail Group Ltd and its associated Companies)
YOU SHOULD READ THIS DOCUMENT CAREFULLY AND THEN SIGN YOUR NAME TO THE DECLARATION BELOW.
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=47389" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
mclovin
Posts: 1106
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 18:39
Gender: Male

Re: Why do postmen have to sign the official secrets act?

Post by mclovin »

That's a lot longer than the 4 paragraph one I signed. Plus managers names are not confidential information as far as I'm aware. Nor did I divulge business practices so again, what the f**k is it in my appeal bundle for?