ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

are they taking the piss with my tax

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Wessex
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1267
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 17:20

Re: are they taking the piss with my tax

Post by Wessex »

ElvisGaddafi wrote:
Wessex wrote:
comeracing wrote:
Wessex wrote:I always calculate deductions as about a quarter of the gross amount and would expect 8 or 9 pounds to be deducted for every 40 pounds earned as a postie.This is a very rough guide to make a quick mental calculation.My normal gross is around 400 a week and I get just over 300 after deductions so my estimate works rather well.

wessex ,how many hours do you work to take home £300 is that full time or with an average ot rate on top
I take home over 300 a week after deductions, pension and cwu subs and small donation, this is ft hours .
I take home a bit less but I buy extra holidays so it probably works out about the same.
I get a weighting allowance in addition to the standard rm wages