we had a lad in our office break his leg playing football,,,then complications so ha d to have it reset after a month or so,,,he was off for over 12 months,,,he got 6months sick,,,,then 6months 1/2 sick then nothing,,,,it was when we got money for door to door so some of us gave up a d2d payment and passed it on to him so he could live.
now hes back and fully fit he cant have any paid sick for a long time,,,,,how long i aint sure.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Paid Sick Leave
-
dan1986ccfc
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 07 Dec 2009, 16:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Paid Sick Leave
So I went to the fracture clinc today to be told I no longer need a cast on it
However Doc says I will still need to rest it fully for 6 weeks. Got an ATOS phone interview tomorrow. Im a bit worried they'll try and make me come back earlier for light duties.
My question is can they force me to come back within the 6 weeks? Also has anyone had one of these ATOS phone interviews before? They're meant to last approx. 20 minutes
However Doc says I will still need to rest it fully for 6 weeks. Got an ATOS phone interview tomorrow. Im a bit worried they'll try and make me come back earlier for light duties.
My question is can they force me to come back within the 6 weeks? Also has anyone had one of these ATOS phone interviews before? They're meant to last approx. 20 minutes
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Paid Sick Leave
Tell them what the doc's said,tell them you feel you need the extra 6 weeks.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
peppapig
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 05 Sep 2009, 19:07
- Gender: Female
Re: Paid Sick Leave
I badly broke my ankle in jan, had to get pins and screws etc, ATOS were actaullly fully understanding as were my managers, when your 6 weeks are up and you feel ready for work go back under YOUR idea of how long you can work like 2 hours a day and build it up weekly etcdan1986ccfc wrote:So I went to the fracture clinc today to be told I no longer need a cast on it![]()
However Doc says I will still need to rest it fully for 6 weeks. Got an ATOS phone interview tomorrow. Im a bit worried they'll try and make me come back earlier for light duties.
My question is can they force me to come back within the 6 weeks? Also has anyone had one of these ATOS phone interviews before? They're meant to last approx. 20 minutes
-
wayoutman
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 02 Jun 2011, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Paid Sick Leave
you have to agree to any rehab stuff.
like PM says just say your doc says 100% rest for 6 weeks.
ATOS will reinterview you then.
nothing to worry about just stick to your guns and dont give them anything.
like PM says just say your doc says 100% rest for 6 weeks.
ATOS will reinterview you then.
nothing to worry about just stick to your guns and dont give them anything.
-
wayoutman
- Posts: 238
- Joined: 02 Jun 2011, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Paid Sick Leave
sorry dan, just spotted the post is a week old
how did it go?
how did it go?
-
dan1986ccfc
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 07 Dec 2009, 16:58
- Gender: Male
Re: Paid Sick Leave
Thanks for all your replys.
ATOS interview went well. Was expecting some kind of interrogation but was anything but. ATOS lady said I do need full 6 weeks off and then a further 4-6 weeks on light duties.
So i'm to ring my manager two weeks tomorrow to ensure when I go back there are some light duties for me. Half a round, packets etc (i hope)
May try to string this out beyond xmas. A nice special duty of collections and delivering parcels sounds good to me.
I'll certainly make the most of it. I really can't imagine how my body(knees, ankles, back etc) is gonna be after another 40 years of this!!
From what I gather from work mates recently has been as bad as ever
ATOS interview went well. Was expecting some kind of interrogation but was anything but. ATOS lady said I do need full 6 weeks off and then a further 4-6 weeks on light duties.
So i'm to ring my manager two weeks tomorrow to ensure when I go back there are some light duties for me. Half a round, packets etc (i hope)
May try to string this out beyond xmas. A nice special duty of collections and delivering parcels sounds good to me.
I'll certainly make the most of it. I really can't imagine how my body(knees, ankles, back etc) is gonna be after another 40 years of this!!
From what I gather from work mates recently has been as bad as ever
-
veryn
- Posts: 82
- Joined: 30 Jan 2011, 09:10
- Gender: Male
Re: Paid Sick Leave
how did you break your leg??
i want 6 weeks off in december
i want 6 weeks off in december