ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

When do you get used to the pain?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: When do you get used to the pain?

Post by clashcityrocker »

Image

Teebs - is this you?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: When do you get used to the pain?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Far too handsome to be me. Think Joesph Merrick
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: When do you get used to the pain?

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:And I'm going to stop before I go fully Monty Python :nervous
Full Monty, yep..........just not too sure about the python bit :chuckle .....ever heard of a bootlace snake :angel
Syze
Posts: 161
Joined: 16 Jun 2010, 03:15
Gender: Male

Re: When do you get used to the pain?

Post by Syze »

Just stroll round and finish on your time - that's what I do...
youwot!!!!!
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 582
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 14:45
Gender: Male
Location: oop north

Re: When do you get used to the pain?

Post by youwot!!!!! »

DGP1 wrote:And I'm going to stop before I go fully Monty Python :nervous


way to late already.
who the hell invests £2 billion into a servic and makes it worse?????????????
you really couldn't make it up!!!!!!!!!!!
MrPPatt
Posts: 36
Joined: 03 Jul 2011, 21:07
Gender: Male

Re: When do you get used to the pain?

Post by MrPPatt »

For the first couple months I got home - had a long soak in the bath - lay on the sofa groaning for most of the remaining day and went to bed at about 9:30. :oops:
I was lucky that I didn't get any blisters though.

Now at 6 months, I mostly take it in my stride - my legs ache a bit and my feet are sometimes sore. I just rub them and move the toes around with my fingers.

Like has been said - stretch before you start - use brufen to control pain n swelling and make sure you have decent boots. I highly recommend Yoga to strengthen your body (although I couldn't find the energy to go back, until recently) :cool

Patt :]
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: When do you get used to the pain?

Post by eastie »

give it a few years and you get RSI (repetitive strain injuries) in your elbows and lower back pain
BELIAL
Posts: 6758
Joined: 15 Jun 2007, 17:33
Gender: Female
Location: Nowhere

Re: When do you get used to the pain?

Post by BELIAL »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
zak wrote:Been working as a postie for just over three weeks now. My feet really hurt, my calf muscles ache and when I carry my bags (even light loads now) I get pain in my back. Does your body ever get used to it?

Thanks

Yes you will get used to it.

You have hit the WALL push through it and it WILL get easier.
And a little bit after that It all starts to wear out. Then the pain kicks in again as bit after bit goes wrong and you step on the escalating treadmill of ever increasing pain and discomfort.
It's not all doom and gloom though ,cos those cripples that do make it to retirement age will now be spared prolonged agony by the merciful slashing of their pension entitlements :wink:
Bye
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: When do you get used to the pain?

Post by Darren Bent »

if you have lot of pain, please make your bag lighter, or use a trolley (take weight off back but slower due to not being able to walk quick) and change your footwear. It will never go away until you have a break ie a week off.