With 2 bundles a bag and next to no packets? I'm not pulling a trolley around with 1 bundle of mail on it. Yeah a trolley takes up more time, but so do short loops - we're up to time doing 3.5hr deliveries anyway, and let's be honest they ain't going to make them any shorter.POSTMAN wrote:Why are you not using the trolleys?OnAFlyer wrote:We started it recently and most walks have been completing within time (the first 'revision' that took a year was binned before it even started as the walks were never going to be completed).
What I have noticed is that my walk has got 30 mins extra on - yet done between 2 of us it takes more than an hour longer. P&L is just slower, regardless of how well the loops are worked.
The good thing is weight off the shoulder, we don't use trollies as the bags are well under 8kg - most loops are 2 bundles.
I have no idea how some of you are doing 4.5-5hr deliveries with P&L though,ours are 3.5hrs and we aren't making anything.
If everyone was carrying overweight bags then it would be a problem, but I don't really see an issue as we're carrying almost nothing.