Would i cross a picket line. Totally not as i have not done so in 24 years and iam not about to start now.[/quote]
neither have i but things have changed
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
D2D's - The truth, and the figures to prove it.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D's - The truth, and the figures to prove it.
I must deliver in some Black hole of Advertising. We have NEVER had six D2Ds and average about three, often less than that.
I really sympathise with you guys that are having to deal with that amount. I agree with those that think it was crap deal on the CWUs side! Blame those colleagues of yours that were always moaning about them, I personally never had a problem with them. When were getting approx £20 a week for three D2Ds you could always do other peoples, if you were a Reserve, and get good money. (My record was £80)
The only advantage RM have created is that our Posties that are on delivery only never have to prep any D2Ds and just paid to deliver them.
I really sympathise with you guys that are having to deal with that amount. I agree with those that think it was crap deal on the CWUs side! Blame those colleagues of yours that were always moaning about them, I personally never had a problem with them. When were getting approx £20 a week for three D2Ds you could always do other peoples, if you were a Reserve, and get good money. (My record was £80)
The only advantage RM have created is that our Posties that are on delivery only never have to prep any D2Ds and just paid to deliver them.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
labbloke
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 282
- Joined: 03 Sep 2009, 05:11
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D's - The truth, and the figures to prove it.
bringon4dayweeks wrote:the truth is we are delivering more door to doors for less money I THANK THE UNION FOR THIS CRACKING DEAL well done we all have job security you top union officails . now they are cutting big time in mail centres so IT DIDNT GUARANTEE JOB SECURITY youve been sold down the river again and i would NEVER go on strike for you id rather go over a PICKET LINE than support the CWU

-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: D2D's - The truth, and the figures to prove it.
Actually I have to state that at this moment in time I would not go on strike for HQ and doubt if I ever would (It would have to be an earth shattering reason for me to do so). But then I consider that if there is a Ballot and the result is democratic then I will go on strike, as it won't be a strike for HQ, it will be a strike to protect jobs.bringon4dayweeks wrote:the truth is we are delivering more door to doors for less money I THANK THE UNION FOR THIS CRACKING DEAL well done we all have job security you top union officials . now they are cutting big time in mail centres so IT DIDN'T GUARANTEE JOB SECURITY you've been sold down the river again and i would NEVER go on strike for you id rather go over a PICKET LINE than support the CWU
Will I go on strike to protect the BT2010 - Not a chance Would I be glad to see the back of the BT2010 - well it all depends on what they really want to bring in and I would have to see cold hard facts before I defended 2010.
So in brief, I think, along with a others, that the CWU has to decide here and now what it wants us to strike over. Because if they get it wrong the membership will let them know in no uncertain terms.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
spoodoo
- Posts: 829
- Joined: 06 Sep 2009, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: D2D's - The truth, and the figures to prove it.
the office staff etc get d to d money for nothing right?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: D2D's - The truth, and the figures to prove it.
No.spoodoo wrote:the office staff etc get d to d money for nothing right?
Everyone who is attached to a delivery function receives the Delivery Supplement.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: D2D's - The truth, and the figures to prove it.
Well yes, but No.spoodoo wrote:the office staff etc get d to d money for nothing right?
Office staff within a Delivery Office get the Delivery Supplement - At our place though the DOM support do have small delivery to do before they do the office work. The locker staff and the callers office get it as well, but then I don't begrudge them that both can be stressful jobs that no longer get any allowances to reflect that.
If they are office staff within a HQ they get nowt. If they are office staff within an MC and are OPG grade then I think they get the relevant supplements as well.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.