ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Why we still work for RM?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
gb93
Posts: 1462
Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: Why we still work for RM?

Post by gb93 »

bootleg wrote:who else is gonna pay us just shy of £9 per hour for unskilled work...
If I was getting only that I might think of leaving :Very Happy
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
Theghost
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 417
Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
Gender: Male

Re: Why we still work for RM?

Post by Theghost »

For unskilled work it pays fantastic,The job is alot harder than it was but lets be honest,It is still easy work.
My dad is a builder,Done a few days here and there for him labouring,Now that is hard work,I get home from the post and feel fine,A days labouring i had a shower and conked out for the night (For less pay)
Loads of mates who have left wish they were still on the post,We have had the changes in our office and although finishing later i have to admit i love my job :nana
steven100
Posts: 1391
Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 12:35
Gender: Male

Re: Why we still work for RM?

Post by steven100 »

I'm still in rm at the moment but i've doing a degree the last few years so i do plan to leave. Now that i'm part-time the money for a couple of days isnt that bad. Its still a laugh what rm come out with sometimes but i can't complain about the way i've treated. I just don't believe the job security(like all jobs now) is that secure and i don't fancy pounding the streets for part-time wages 5 days a week. This is coming. I believe.
George door to dawes
Posts: 378
Joined: 19 Feb 2011, 17:48
Gender: Female

Re: Why we still work for RM?

Post by George door to dawes »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
bootleg wrote:who else is gonna pay us just shy of £9 per hour for unskilled work...
The armed forces :hmmmm

Private £17,014.00 rising to £26,404.00
-

OK they are not paid per hour and have to be on 24 hr call 365 days a year but its unskilled at the start and its comparable in annual wages.

It shouldn't be it should be more, and I can call it unskilled as well -I was in the forces.
This is a very good example. And with the forces you could choose to do a trade as well which they would train you up in such as electrical, IT, mechanics etc. Definitely not for everyone though personally its not something i would do but there are other options to Royal mail!
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Why we still work for RM?

Post by Darren Bent »

Well I am developing my dancing skills, and will be working out how to become a performer and dance all over the world with a pretty lady or two pretty ladies and make it my job eventually. I also am doing open university degree in Environmental studies part time for last 2.5 years. (3.5 years left)
:nana :nana :nana

It might not be a perfect way, but at least there is something to try.