ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Flats/Tower Blocks

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Post Off
Posts: 268
Joined: 12 Oct 2007, 15:13

Re: Flats/Tower Blocks

Post by Post Off »

johnnyp wrote:This might have been covered before but whats the score in your office when delivering to flats with lifts that are not working?
How many flights of stairs should/do you walk up?
5 seems to be the number at our place,but we had a postie the other day who walked up to the 17th floor with a reg as the lift was out.
Did that postie come back to work the next day? :left:

Seriously though, if it was for a recorded I probably wouldn't have bothered, but a special delivery... I dunno, maybe I might have done, just for the fun of it. 17 floors, though, fugging hell. Er, btw, was the recipient in to receive it? :chuckle


About that freeping RM, 'we know all your names' video. At the start of the video the lift is supposedly out of order, so he naturally starts to walk up the stairs. At some point (hopefully not the 16th floor), he meets Mrs Wilson coming out of the lift. :crazy:
We posties do things differently, but we still get shot at!

Our (other) men and women deserve a little more... http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16736
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Flats/Tower Blocks

Post by clashcityrocker »

I once did 17 floors when the lifts were out.
I wouldn't do it again.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.