ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The latest Courier

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Mr T
Posts: 15
Joined: 27 Feb 2009, 17:04
Gender: Male

Re: The latest Courier

Post by Mr T »

George door to dawes wrote:from the new uniform section concerning the trousers:
Q.... Whats more, they only have one pocket on the left side....

A: We are currently testing trousers with the pocket on the right hand side....
:d'oh! Why do we need to test trousers with a pocket on the more practical side? Why couldnt we just have trousers with 2 pockets?! Is that really so difficult?
I heard the reason we can't have 2 pockets is it would have cost an extra £2 per pair of trousers
LindenH
Posts: 1
Joined: 20 Feb 2009, 20:48
Gender: Male

Re: The latest Courier

Post by LindenH »

Since we're having a go at RM/Courier mag, how's this one?

I have a colleague who is on long-term sick, very ill with the big C - but she's coping (just). My wife works in social services and is 'in touch' with my colleague's care team, occupational therapist, physiotherapist, home care workers, etc. and mentioned that the occupational therapy team were always looking for additional funding to support families of those that are long-term sick, but under the age of 60 (over 60 is covered to a great extent by local government).

I noticed in the Courier that Royal Mail offer support to employees in time of need, so passed it on to my wife, who in turn, passed it to her contact at occupational therapy. The occupational therapy team were delighted to have the opportunity, including the published telephone number, to contact RM about the possibility of some assistance.

The people at the end of the phone at RM said yes, we publish details of our 'supportive employer scheme' including a contact number but..... RM don't have any funding for any of it and can't remember the last time they did!

Question......... why the F bother putting the info, complete with contact number, in the latest Courier?
andy2007
Posts: 3971
Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
Gender: Male
Location: Earth

Re: The latest Courier

Post by andy2007 »

Mr T wrote:
George door to dawes wrote:from the new uniform section concerning the trousers:
Q.... Whats more, they only have one pocket on the left side....

A: We are currently testing trousers with the pocket on the right hand side....
:d'oh! Why do we need to test trousers with a pocket on the more practical side? Why couldnt we just have trousers with 2 pockets?! Is that really so difficult?
I heard the reason we can't have 2 pockets is it would have cost an extra £2 per pair of trousers
I just hope this doesn't mean that they'll be discontinuing the current ones. It would make a lot of sense, to have both versions available. So those of us who're left handed can also have the pocket on the correct side. It's not exactly difficult for them to provide both versions. :hmmmm
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
arty_morty
Posts: 282
Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: The latest Courier

Post by arty_morty »

LindenH wrote:Since we're having a go at RM/Courier mag, how's this one?

I have a colleague who is on long-term sick, very ill with the big C - but she's coping (just). My wife works in social services and is 'in touch' with my colleague's care team, occupational therapist, physiotherapist, home care workers, etc. and mentioned that the occupational therapy team were always looking for additional funding to support families of those that are long-term sick, but under the age of 60 (over 60 is covered to a great extent by local government).

I noticed in the Courier that Royal Mail offer support to employees in time of need, so passed it on to my wife, who in turn, passed it to her contact at occupational therapy. The occupational therapy team were delighted to have the opportunity, including the published telephone number, to contact RM about the possibility of some assistance.

The people at the end of the phone at RM said yes, we publish details of our 'supportive employer scheme' including a contact number but..... RM don't have any funding for any of it and can't remember the last time they did!

Question......... why the F bother putting the info, complete with contact number, in the latest Courier?
Because they never thought anyone would call?
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
30+YEARMAN
Posts: 253
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
Gender: Male

Re: The latest Courier

Post by 30+YEARMAN »

Why don,t they scrap this waste of paper.I would love to know how much it costs to produce this load of lies and bullshit every month it must run into thousands.I remember when I first started at RM they didn,t send it to your address a "PHG" remember them? would put a copy on everyones frame and we would just throw it in the nearest bin which is what I do now only I do it at home. :vcfo :chuckle
malcolm3011
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 303
Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male

Re: The latest Courier

Post by malcolm3011 »

arty_morty wrote:Or Moya's Manifesto as I like to call it. Finally a letter daring to suggest that the Courier may have the most one-sided point of view since Der Sturmer went out of print. And what is the editorial reply?
Image
Dont bother reading that pile of s--t, goes straight in the dustbin