ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Unsupervised on Saturdays

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: Unsupervised on Saturdays

Post by DirtyHarry »

PhilthyPhil wrote:Clearly there is no requirement, legal or otherwise, for there to always be a manager in attendance because there are plenty of smaller offices which never have a manager in attendance. Our DSM is currently talking about making all DOMs mon-fri so there will be no manager in the smaller (single manager) offices on saturday.
:cuppa
Eric Cantona
Posts: 365
Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
Gender: Male

Re: Unsupervised on Saturdays

Post by Eric Cantona »

If I fell off or got knocked off my bike on my return to the office at 2pm on a Saturday and the police and Ambulance came to the scene and I’m out for the count what happens to the bags with specials in that I was bringing back to the office.
Or if I was able to give my office details to the police such as the office phone number how will the police contact the office if they won’t answer the phone.
The police would probably bring the mail into the police station until Monday.
Who is responsible for this mail whilst its in transit. And who is going to tell my next of kin.
I would safely say on Monday morning the DOM will be ringing me asking why have I not come in yet and your I E Pod card has not been handed in yet..
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Unsupervised on Saturdays

Post by arnold cheshire »

the same could could be said in a do in the week the dom goes home at 245 and posties are doing collections till 6pm no dom in sight :arrrghhh