ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

cars

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: cars

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

calpsy wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Right lads who said Calpsy would start with the jibes first instead of debating :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
calpsy wrote:Oh dear . Stop crying ffs .

IF it happens then no problem i do the job properly . End of . But it wont so i wont . End of .
:roll: :roll:

I am getting bored now. I'll leave him alone he is happier that way I think.
ERM didnt you read the comment BEFORE I said that ???

calpsy,you're a dinosaur,a relic from the past,evolution or...extinction...your choice

You need to pay attention .
Yes I read that but the immediate but before the red quote explains why and because of that its not, at least I don't think it was, meant as a personal insult. Just a description. Whereas as stop crying ffs has no validity as a debating tool.

Simples - Perhaps you nee to study comprehension and debating skills - just a suggestion.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: cars

Post by smokerjim »

I got one for sale now, black Vauxhall Vectra, '99 V-reg, 100k miles, factory fit LPG & air con ( both inoperable ) with two careful owners, and one careless owner....last seen by me, at the side of the road, on it's roof, just before they poured me into an ambulance :d'oh! :d'oh! :d'oh!

It's ok, I got checked out at the ozzy & they let me go after a couple of hours observation :dance
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: cars

Post by calpsy »

This isnt meant as an insult either BUT

Yes I read that but the immediate bit before the red quote explains why and because of that its not, at least I don't think it was, meant as a personal insult. Just a description. Whereas as stop crying ffs has no validity as a debating tool

EH ? ? ?
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: cars

Post by fishtank »

smokerjim wrote:I got one for sale now, black Vauxhall Vectra, '99 V-reg, 100k miles, factory fit LPG & air con ( both inoperable ) with two careful owners, and one careless owner....last seen by me, at the side of the road, on it's roof, just before they poured me into an ambulance :d'oh! :d'oh! :d'oh!

It's ok, I got checked out at the ozzy & they let me go after a couple of hours observation :dance
So....tell us how it happened Jim...
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: cars

Post by POSTMAN »

Calpsy,are you saying that when your office get's shared vans park and loop stylee that you and possibly others will still use their cars?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: cars

Post by calpsy »

Not at all . If you read all the posts you would see what i said .

IF it happens AND im not allowed to do it AND it wouldnt make a difference to my start or finishing time then YES of course i would stop .

Why on earth WOULD I continue if there was no benefit to myself ??
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: cars

Post by krussel »

Ok this is quite interesting. I asked why that after our table top revision cars were still being used and not being stopped by the dom. She said that she had been instructed not to stop anyone driving to and from the delivery. She went on to say this would be reviewed once the bond has been withdrawn . End off.

So it appears at the moment mangers are being told to not pursue the agreement. But once the bond is withdrawn no one will have correct insurance and the penalties severe for the individual involved as for anyone found without insurance.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: cars

Post by POSTMAN »

calpsy wrote:
IF it happens AND im not allowed to do it AND it wouldnt make a difference to my start or finishing time then YES of course i would stop .

Why on earth WOULD I continue if there was no benefit to myself ??
So you are saying then that if you did take your car even though P&L was in and it worked out you could finish earlier than if you didn't take your car you would do it?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
BT2010
Posts: 352
Joined: 11 Feb 2011, 20:45
Gender: Male

Re: cars

Post by BT2010 »

we are a bit tight for space at our DO so i have told the DOM to use our conservatory to store D2ds and packets as we dont use it much through the winter.
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: cars

Post by smokerjim »

fishtank wrote:So....tell us how it happened Jim...
Driving into work, going through a series of bends at 60 ( the road's got national speed limit, and those bends can be done at 60, just one or two are more fun at that speed ), my mind was elsewhere ( on A/L early ) & I notice I've edged into the oncoming lane, so I gave the wheel a good yank to correct....it was too good, so I correct that, then correct the correction, then correct the correction of the original correction ( each time the yawing across the longtitudinal axis is getting more extreme....the fishtailing was getting worse ) until the point I distinctly remember drifting sideways along the road, immediately before the Point of ESA ( Earth, Sky Ambulance ).

Then it was "...!!!....BOLLOCKS!!! I can't dump the missus up at her sister's tomorrow...where's the light switch?....turn the bloody radio off, I ain't listenting to it now....right, 'ere's the door handle...cock it, it won't open...who put them bushes and trees there in the way?....ok, other side...bit stiff, some bugger needs to come along and cut this grass, the bloody door is dragging on it....right that's it, I'm out, where's me fag? Oh it's ok, I still got it & it's still lit...."

After that, the van driver I'd passed a minute before had caught up, pulled over and run back to help me out, he almost dragged me to sit in his van and keep an eye on me, while his china whistled up the paramedics & the rozzers.....the observant amongts you may have noticed I made no mention of being trapped in my seat belt, well that's cos I didn't want to be in that position, so I weren't wearing it :whistle :whistle :whistle :pray the ambo turned up, and I told them what happened & they said, "You're probably kosher, but we gotta be sure & get your neck in a collar & your arse on a spine board." Never having had the "pleasure" before I said no bother :d'oh! ( I got worse back pain from the board than I got in my neck from the flip ). Then the gavvers rolled up, I repeated the story, gave a breath test ( result? "zero" ), they did their archetypal "wag the finger at the naughty schoolboy" routine ( even the paramedics called them supercillious tits later ), but said as I'd caused no damage to thrid parties or private property & probably left my car UDF, chances were they were going to let it slide.

Apart from pics of the car ( so far, none....yet ) and of myself ( two on the spine board :chuckle ), that's pretty much the story :wink:
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
calpsy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 491
Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
Gender: Male

Re: cars

Post by calpsy »

But will ye be at work tomorrow ? ? ?

Jim you've just proved these moaners on here right ............ DONT USE YOUR CAR FOR WORK ! ! ! :left:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Get well soon .
smokerjim
Posts: 1921
Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
Gender: Male
Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."

Re: cars

Post by smokerjim »

calpsy wrote:But will ye be at work tomorrow ? ? ?

Jim you've just proved these moaners on here right ............ DONT USE YOUR CAR FOR WORK ! ! ! :left:

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Get well soon .
I feckin' well hope not.....I'm not rota'd to work tomorrow!!!
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?

Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
madmartin
Posts: 153
Joined: 23 Oct 2010, 20:04
Gender: Male

Re: cars

Post by madmartin »

a guy from an office near me told me that their not allowed to use cars on delivery and one guy who got caught using his car was sacked and the office hasnt gone through the revision yet
steven100
Posts: 1391
Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 12:35
Gender: Male

Re: cars

Post by steven100 »

If it in the agreement NO CARS then it will be no cars. If its loose agreement cars will be used.
Eric Cantona
Posts: 365
Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
Gender: Male

Re: cars

Post by Eric Cantona »

They won't ban the cars because the cars are saving them a small fortune. Just like a office near mine they brought in the HCT for delivery got rid of the bikes and now found out the HCT take longer so what have they done? they have brought the bikes back. They would be shooting themselfs in the foot if they banned cars. Plus when manages have to do a walk will they go on a bike or use their car. Rules are rules, cars are cars...