ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Parcel gone missing.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Parcel gone missing.
Bit ironic, someone complaining about his "dreambox" going missing... aren't these things only used by people wanting to obtain Sky tv illegally via a dodgy card-sharing scheme?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Parcel gone missing.
wacko74 wrote:Bit ironic, someone complaining about his "dreambox" going missing... aren't these things only used by people wanting to obtain Sky tv illegally via a dodgy card-sharing scheme?
Actually, no! I have a 1.2m motorised dish and a Vu+ Duo satellite receiver as well as a sky HD box. I do not and will not use illegal means to obtain satellite stations. There are many pay per view stations that are free to air from other satellites which have audio channels in english as an option.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Parcel gone missing.
"and then making a huge mistake, left him forgetting to ask for the p739 back." - best to always write the tracking number in the "Item number(s)" box at the bottom of the P739. 
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: Parcel gone missing.
Wiggins, next time something like that happens ( the getting called back to the door, after posting the 739 ) refuse to hand the item over & cite the USO, or your previous experience and don't leave yourself open to such accusations again ( which is sad, but if you must protect your reputation.... )
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Parcel gone missing.
Missing packets are the norm at my D.O although they are just a very tiny minority of the total amount of items that could be termed package.
I had a customer Sat comein to the EQ p739 card says 2 items I can find only one a nother OPG looks as well cant find the 2nd item either. OPG who left the card has confirmed its definetley 2 items he couldnt deliver and they should have both been banded together. That means some kind sould has accidentally unbanded them and misplaced one. The question is how when and why. Another customer had 2 cards could only find one item. Another customer I couldnt find her item either and neither could the manager.
Most odd
I had a customer Sat comein to the EQ p739 card says 2 items I can find only one a nother OPG looks as well cant find the 2nd item either. OPG who left the card has confirmed its definetley 2 items he couldnt deliver and they should have both been banded together. That means some kind sould has accidentally unbanded them and misplaced one. The question is how when and why. Another customer had 2 cards could only find one item. Another customer I couldnt find her item either and neither could the manager.
Most odd
-
2old4this
- Posts: 130
- Joined: 08 Dec 2009, 13:49
- Gender: Male
Re: Parcel gone missing.
labbloke wrote:This makes my blood boil,as a 'bag carrier' who works bloody hard trying to put some bread on my families table, I find I am not only fighting RM but the stinking attitude from some of my brothers and sisters.smok3y666 wrote:Recorded delivery. Posted Friday 4th delivered to somewhere on the 5th. DO are trying to contact the driver. RM Customer Services have more or less said tough, it's been signed for but they are emailing the DO manager.
Even my postie says it's more than likely been nicked as there's that many bag carriers in his DO now.![]()
I
?????? bag carrier. never even heard of them. we carry our own bags.
-
flaminmoses
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 819
- Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Parcel gone missing.
i hate parcel force drivers.
once had a present delivered to me and just after i signed he rushed away.
i opened a smashed bottle of vintage wine.
once had a present delivered to me and just after i signed he rushed away.
i opened a smashed bottle of vintage wine.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Parcel gone missing.
Okay have I got this right you hate a group of employees and in fact colleagues, and possibly members of the same Union, because of the actions of one.flaminmoses wrote:i hate parcel force drivers.
once had a present delivered to me and just after i signed he rushed away.
i opened a smashed bottle of vintage wine.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
deanomac83
- Posts: 67
- Joined: 24 Jun 2011, 17:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Parcel gone missing.
Exactly. I 739d a 'citipost' parcel the other day, if id doorstepped it then how would the customer know it was left by RM....?gundog140 wrote:The parcel probably wasn't even delivered by RM. I'm on rural delivery and have noticed courriers, in particular Home Delivery Network doorstepping parcels and in many cases at the wrong address. These days with so many different company logos on mail and parcels it's difficult for the customer to know whose foul up it is... invariably i'll find one of those cleo customer complaint things are for a parcel thats been absolutely nothing to with me.
Also have seen a few parcels doorstepped by other companies, in direct view of the main road. I always write 'not Royal Mail'
-
deanomac83
- Posts: 67
- Joined: 24 Jun 2011, 17:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Parcel gone missing.
@ Wiggins...I had a similar situation and luckily I wasnt accused of nicking the parcel, however I did wonder if the person with the 739was trying it on. Moral of the story: ALWAYS get that card back!!!