ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Resident asks me not to ring his bell!
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Resident asks me not to ring his bell!
I love buzzing on flats, I buzzed a woman once for a parcel and ended up having sex with her, one of them things you think are just fantasy, so I can't say a bad word against buzzing flats as it's served me well in the past lol.
-
Eric Cantona
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 15 Jul 2010, 19:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Resident asks me not to ring his bell!
I Never ring anyone’s bell, its up to the council or a housing association to provide you with a fob or a key to get in just like the residents has to get in. Buzzing residents can only create big problems. Speak to your Manager tell him/her I’m fed up with the residents being aggressive every time I ring. Bring it back every day till the residents start complaining.Glyno wrote:I deliver to a small block of 6 flats, where usually only 2 or 3 of the occupants receive mail regularly.
If say, I only have mail for numbers 2, 4 & 6, then I only press their buzzers (located outside) to gain entry. However, the occupant of one of these flats asked me the other day if I could stop ringing his bell as it wakes their young baby!
The thing is, this occupant tends to have mail EVERY day, sometimes being the only resident who does. In this instance, would I simply not press his buzzer (as requested by him), or any of the other occupants' and return the mail as unable to gain entry, or do I buzz an occupant who isn't receiving mail and incur their wrath should I wake them?
I did ask my line manager... he just shrugged![]()
You can ask Managers till they are blue in the face about keys, fobs etc and they just make a note of it and do nothing.
Your manager shrugs, my Manager walks away.
-
baleout
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 01 Oct 2010, 16:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Resident asks me not to ring his bell!
Never heard of the 3 day rule.
Just keep buzzing until they make a formal complaint.
If you can't get access just "kill it off".
Why risk your job for a moron ? What you going to say if an Auditor pops in and finds the mail you holding ?
If you don't want to kill it , get a written instruction from your DOM. Just cover your arse !
Just keep buzzing until they make a formal complaint.
If you can't get access just "kill it off".
Why risk your job for a moron ? What you going to say if an Auditor pops in and finds the mail you holding ?
If you don't want to kill it , get a written instruction from your DOM. Just cover your arse !
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16736
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Resident asks me not to ring his bell!
I have heard of the 3 day rule but I have never seen it in writing.
When you deliver to 60/70 blocks of flats all with a door entry system, all this talk of keys and fobs is a bit unrealistic.
Most doors work with a trade button that is set to a timer. Some residents are helpful and will set the timer for you (and change it when the clocks change) others won't or don't know how to.
When you cover the same walk each day you get to know who will probably be in, and you get to know the problem flats where no-one is likely to be in. The door being left on the latch for you is a good solution but your DOM should be informed and s/he should take steps to ensure you can gain access.
I guess when the walks are pegasused/georouted they don't allow 30 seconds trying to gain access.
What doesn't help is RM changing our start times every couple of years. Despite the fact I have delivered to the same residents at pretty much the same time every day for the last 2 years they always say - "but we don't know what time the post comes any more"
And then they say -"And we don't have a regular postman anymore" - because they see a RDC once a week and occasionally a reserve covering holidays and sickness.
And sorry to get sidetracked but what really fecks me off is them saying they can't put the timer on for between 10 and 11 because the paper boy wouldn't be able to get in!
When you deliver to 60/70 blocks of flats all with a door entry system, all this talk of keys and fobs is a bit unrealistic.
Most doors work with a trade button that is set to a timer. Some residents are helpful and will set the timer for you (and change it when the clocks change) others won't or don't know how to.
When you cover the same walk each day you get to know who will probably be in, and you get to know the problem flats where no-one is likely to be in. The door being left on the latch for you is a good solution but your DOM should be informed and s/he should take steps to ensure you can gain access.
I guess when the walks are pegasused/georouted they don't allow 30 seconds trying to gain access.
What doesn't help is RM changing our start times every couple of years. Despite the fact I have delivered to the same residents at pretty much the same time every day for the last 2 years they always say - "but we don't know what time the post comes any more"
And then they say -"And we don't have a regular postman anymore" - because they see a RDC once a week and occasionally a reserve covering holidays and sickness.
And sorry to get sidetracked but what really fecks me off is them saying they can't put the timer on for between 10 and 11 because the paper boy wouldn't be able to get in!
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Indy
- Posts: 977
- Joined: 03 May 2010, 07:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Resident asks me not to ring his bell!
What ever happens it appears the OPG gets screwed :(Eric Cantona wrote:Glyno wrote:I deliver to a small block of 6 flats, where usually only 2 or 3 of the occupants receive mail regularly.
If say, I only have mail for numbers 2, 4 & 6, then I only press their buzzers (located outside) to gain entry. However, the occupant of one of these flats asked me the other day if I could stop ringing his bell as it wakes their young baby!
The thing is, this occupant tends to have mail EVERY day, sometimes being the only resident who does. In this instance, would I simply not press his buzzer (as requested by him), or any of the other occupants' and return the mail as unable to gain entry, or do I buzz an occupant who isn't receiving mail and incur their wrath should I wake them?
I did ask my line manager... he just shrugged![]()
I Never ring anyone’s bell, its up to the council or a housing association to provide you with a fob or a key to get in just like the residents has to get in. Buzzing residents can only create big problems. Speak to your Manager tell him/her I’m fed up with the residents being aggressive every time I ring. Bring it back every day till the residents start complaining.
You can ask Managers till they are blue in the face about keys, fobs etc and they just make a note of it and do nothing.
Your manager shrugs, my Manager walks away.
-
Glyno
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 29 Nov 2008, 21:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Resident asks me not to ring his bell!
Thanks everyone :)
I'll just let my lino know that I'm unhappy about pressing the buzzer of occupants who aren't receiving mail and that I'll bring the aforementioned residents' mail back as unnaccessible.
I'll just let my lino know that I'm unhappy about pressing the buzzer of occupants who aren't receiving mail and that I'll bring the aforementioned residents' mail back as unnaccessible.
-
whitemoor66
- Posts: 138
- Joined: 08 May 2009, 23:50
- Gender: Male
Re: Resident asks me not to ring his bell!
f***ing punch them in the f***ing gob.Indy wrote:I had exactly the same problem middle last year... woman would come out shouting that I'd woken the baby... "don't bloody ring my bell ring somebody elses bell" I explained that if nobody else had mail and/or she was the only one with mail it would get sent back as inaccessible! The thought that she might lose some important benefit info/giro etc had her saying "well....just tap the bell then!"Glyno wrote: However, the occupant of one of these flats asked me the other day if I could stop ringing his bell as it wakes their young baby!
Most people round here are in (as in unemployed) but won't open doors but complain violently when their mail is sent back.... what can you do????
-
Glyno
- Posts: 27
- Joined: 29 Nov 2008, 21:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Resident asks me not to ring his bell!
whitemoor66 wrote:
f***ing punch them in the f***ing gob.
funny you should say that...
-
paulsmd
- Posts: 88
- Joined: 12 Oct 2008, 09:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Resident asks me not to ring his bell!
Just take his mail back and kill it off, No point of Dev.moyas slave wrote:explain to him/her that the only other option would be a call and collect.
your DOM should have said this to you.
-
grabbertom
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 26 Jan 2011, 18:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Resident asks me not to ring his bell!
simly buzz every ones bell so u can get rid of mail. job done
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: Resident asks me not to ring his bell!
[quote="whitemoor66]f***ing punch them in the f***ing gob.[/quote]
Take their mail, & one elastic band, tie mail with band to half a brick & lob it through their window - they'll never give you gip about ringing their bell again, simples!
Take their mail, & one elastic band, tie mail with band to half a brick & lob it through their window - they'll never give you gip about ringing their bell again, simples!
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!