FFS we can't even get normal staff to cover all our duties let alone having spare bodies to help outbut with the help of a few casuals
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Your office
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Your office
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
johnnyp
- Posts: 5239
- Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 16:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: SE ENGLAND
Re: Your office
There not spare bodies DGP1,with the high sick levels and very few colleagues doing a walk on docket our DOM has no choice but to use casuals to get deliverys out and give our customers a service.DGP1 wrote:FFS we can't even get normal staff to cover all our duties let alone having spare bodies to help outbut with the help of a few casuals
Its a last resort,does your office not do the same?
If they cant get casuals then the managers go out and do a walk,our Dom is known to be out on deliverys well in to the evening
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Your office
No, high levels of sick plus several staff have left in the past year and we aren't allowed any casuals, Northern Ireland is a very different place, full of rampant bullying and incompentance.johnnyp wrote:There not spare bodies DGP1,with the high sick levels and very few colleagues doing a walk on docket our DOM has no choice but to use casuals to get deliverys out and give our customers a service.DGP1 wrote:FFS we can't even get normal staff to cover all our duties let alone having spare bodies to help outbut with the help of a few casuals
Its a last resort,does your office not do the same?
If they cant get casuals then the managers go out and do a walk,our Dom is known to be out on deliverys well in to the evening
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Your office
Our office is clear at present apart from some catalogues, but our revision comes in early this year so that won't continue. Just out of our section the FT walks have been reduced from 23 to 16, and I think it's around 10% of duties that have gone altogether.
The revision gives us an hour less indoor prep time than we have now, with less staff and bigger walks. Yeah that's going to work isn't it
The revision gives us an hour less indoor prep time than we have now, with less staff and bigger walks. Yeah that's going to work isn't it
-
taurus88
- Posts: 1259
- Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Your office
Just on a (slightly) unrelated point.
There's the scent of lapsing in the air at our office, I presume it's going to begin on Tuesday given that a number of local duties are uncovered whilst myself and the rest of the reserves (with the lowest seniority) have been sent out to the mother-frakking frontier. I know it won't be a big issue to many others, but this will be the first time that our office has ever lapsed. Given the way staff are, I doubt there is any hope that they will stand up and fight against it in a tangible form (by cutting off, working their hours, etc.). It's a shame because I have done quite a few rounds in our office (probably about 20 overall - not bad for a part-timer who has been there for a very short time), on overtime or otherwise, and I've found that they're mostly between three and a half and four hours long.
Admittedly, there are exceptions, but not that many. I expect there will be people starting half an hour early, skipping their break, doing their lapsing, who will still be happy because they finish ten minutes before they should (so, working six hours, in effect). You know the ones, the idiots.
I don't think I'll be asked to lapse because of where I shall be relative to other rounds, and because of the conveyance times, but I'll be cutting off anyway because I'm not prepared to spend a single second more of my life than necessary in the village that they are sending me to. If they want me to lapse then great, even more mail to bring back.
There's the scent of lapsing in the air at our office, I presume it's going to begin on Tuesday given that a number of local duties are uncovered whilst myself and the rest of the reserves (with the lowest seniority) have been sent out to the mother-frakking frontier. I know it won't be a big issue to many others, but this will be the first time that our office has ever lapsed. Given the way staff are, I doubt there is any hope that they will stand up and fight against it in a tangible form (by cutting off, working their hours, etc.). It's a shame because I have done quite a few rounds in our office (probably about 20 overall - not bad for a part-timer who has been there for a very short time), on overtime or otherwise, and I've found that they're mostly between three and a half and four hours long.
Admittedly, there are exceptions, but not that many. I expect there will be people starting half an hour early, skipping their break, doing their lapsing, who will still be happy because they finish ten minutes before they should (so, working six hours, in effect). You know the ones, the idiots.
I don't think I'll be asked to lapse because of where I shall be relative to other rounds, and because of the conveyance times, but I'll be cutting off anyway because I'm not prepared to spend a single second more of my life than necessary in the village that they are sending me to. If they want me to lapse then great, even more mail to bring back.