ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Just a thought but...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TeeferTiger
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2783
Joined: 22 Dec 2008, 13:56
Gender: Female
Location: Welsh Wales

Re: Just a thought but...

Post by TeeferTiger »

My job (over 3 years ago) was advertised as a driving job even though my delivery didn't have a van. My manager expected me to change a tyre on the van to put the spare on, and to change a bulb. I refused, I've never had training to do so and what if I injured myself?

I might be a "girl" but I do have a basic course in mechanics and more or less know what I'm doing. However, there should be someone who's had training from RM to do it, or send everyone on a training course as if I do something wrong and end up getting injured, I doubt very much that RM will say "Oops, sorry, we should've told you how to do it". It'll be "Why were you doing it? You've not been trained. Your fault, we're not paying you".
Does this rag smell of chloroform to you?