ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Don't back the union on this one.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Don't back the union on this one.

Post by dvbuk55 »

The CWU did a deal with RM and called it an agreement and they will do the same with the ConDems as long as it benefits them.
Night Tonic
Posts: 1474
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 21:35

Re: Don't back the union on this one.

Post by Night Tonic »

You won't hurt anyone in the the union by not fighting privatisation, only yourselves and what would be the point of even logging into RMC then. I've heard some loopy comments on here but this one makes no sense at all. All you'll be doing is putting a smile on the faces of those determined to privatise and bear in mind that some or all of these threads may appear in google. It will be exactly what they want to hear won't it? Not only that, everyone will just think the only reason posties ever go on strike is for money. :d'oh!
Don't believe everything you're told in the rest room
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Don't back the union on this one.

Post by Stormproof »

:shock: I actually agree with NT on that one :shock:
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
mdm
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 209
Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 15:44
Gender: Male

Re: Don't back the union on this one.

Post by mdm »

Even though I'm seriously pissed off with the union and i don't want to go on strike again!, i think this one is where we have got to stand and fight because if you think it's bad now, just wait until it's privatised. The only thing is i just don't trust the cwu, I'm sure they will mess it up again! Or then again you never know they might negotiate the deal of the century for us. :Very Happy
Night Tonic
Posts: 1474
Joined: 23 Oct 2007, 21:35

Re: Don't back the union on this one.

Post by Night Tonic »

Depends. They have to find a buyer and if the other unions join in, it will make it even harder to find a buyer. I wouldn't say the CWU is powerless here, just depends how they go about it and if workforce actually backs them. If they don't its curtains for sure, a pushover even.
Don't believe everything you're told in the rest room
taurus88
Posts: 1259
Joined: 14 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male

Re: Don't back the union on this one.

Post by taurus88 »

I'll go with the consensus, I'm easily led like that. I've always wanted to be involved in a strike though because I'm very immature.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Don't back the union on this one.

Post by fishtank »

What exactly does anybody intend to do to "fight" privatisation?
I suppose you could attend a demo or two...write a nasty letter to Big Vince,but that's about your limit.
In the meantime the union are engaged in negotiations with the very people you are cursing to hell and back.
These negotiations are not about whether we are sold off but how,when and who to.
This is a done deal...everything you see from now on is simply posturing and positioning.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Don't back the union on this one.

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:What exactly does anybody intend to do to "fight" privatisation?
I suppose you could attend a demo or two...write a nasty letter to Big Vince,but that's about your limit.
In the meantime the union are engaged in negotiations with the very people you are cursing to hell and back.
These negotiations are not about whether we are sold off but how,when and who to.
This is a done deal...everything you see from now on is simply posturing and positioning.
Just like 2010 and Beyond. The deal was done under the "interim agreement" all the rest was smoke and mirrors. I saw Billy on the news he really looked like he was up for the fight ;liar People shouldn't forget the likes of Cameron et al are children of Thatcher and all those bad things, they may well be more polished and less direct but the sentiments are still there...................................remember the miners?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16741
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Don't back the union on this one.

Post by clashcityrocker »

fishtank wrote:What exactly does anybody intend to do to "fight" privatisation?
I suppose you could attend a demo or two...write a nasty letter to Big Vince,but that's about your limit.
I think you have forgotten:
1. Sign a petition
2. Send a postcard to your MP
3. Umm that's about it.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Don't back the union on this one.

Post by dvbuk55 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
fishtank wrote:What exactly does anybody intend to do to "fight" privatisation?
I suppose you could attend a demo or two...write a nasty letter to Big Vince,but that's about your limit.
I think you have forgotten:
1. Sign a petition
2. Send a postcard to your MP
3. Umm that's about it.
Not quite, we could show our bare backsides on the town hall steps............................pretty much the same result but it might draw a bit more attention than mogadon Billy.
jockstrapp
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 970
Joined: 28 Mar 2009, 17:58
Gender: Male

Re: Don't back the union on this one.

Post by jockstrapp »

As I've said on other threads I've been on strike everytime the call came and I've been the only one standing at the DO gate at 6am picketing BUT If the CWU bawbags (Hayes.Ward) think I going out on this one then they better think again because I will be the biggest SCAB in the office if need be but...I WILL NOT STRIKE OVER PRIVATISATION :so there :so there :so there
robinhood
Posts: 89
Joined: 04 Mar 2008, 07:55

Re: Don't back the union on this one.

Post by robinhood »

Eric Cantona wrote:Don't back the union on this one guys, they will want us to take industrial action not to sell or privatise the company, it's pay back time now sod the union they sold us down the river only months ago, let's face it, new owners carn't do any worse than what it is now, I have always said in revisions when RM wants to take out 5 walks we always disagree, I always say let them take it, let them sell it now, the union is going to lose us hundreds of pounds In forseeable strikes, but the Government has made their mind up already. It might be better in the long run.
Well you could support keep the post public campaign, but you will leave it to cwu reps to protest while you sit and moan.
Get out there and canvass in the marginal seats
gazzariah
Posts: 126
Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 13:20
Gender: Male

Re: Don't back the union on this one.

Post by gazzariah »

Eric Cantona wrote:Don't back the union on this one guys, they will want us to take industrial action not to sell or privatise the company, it's pay back time now sod the union they sold us down the river only months ago, let's face it, new owners carn't do any worse than what it is now, I have always said in revisions when RM wants to take out 5 walks we always disagree, I always say let them take it, let them sell it now, the union is going to lose us hundreds of pounds In forseeable strikes, but the Government has made their mind up already. It might be better in the long run.
my sentiments we graft we work , to get a weak union to call us to arms after the sell off of the decade is shamefull :coolr
gazzariah
Posts: 126
Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 13:20
Gender: Male

Re: Don't back the union on this one.

Post by gazzariah »

smokerjim wrote:If a strike ballot is called, I'm voting NO & I'm telling everyone else to do the same, BUT if official strikes are called, then I might feel compelled to come out on strike ( even though I might think the effect will be the same as the Charge of The Light Brigade :sad: )
DOES THIS MEAN WILD CATTING HAYES AND WARD THE GREEN MILE
kitkatchunky
Posts: 217
Joined: 04 Jun 2010, 16:00
Gender: Male

Re: Don't back the union on this one.

Post by kitkatchunky »

wiganpostie wrote:Can't do any worse than it is now? How does 5.85 an hour grab you? Because if we are privatised, they will need to reduce our wages to bring them in line with all the other companies to make us competitive.
they will not drop our wages i asked my local rep