ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

That packet template.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
music4essex
Posts: 717
Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
Gender: Female

Re: That packet template.

Post by music4essex »

What really annoys me, that when you get 2 or 3 packets they are oversized for the same property and the manager seperates them to make sure they go throught the template :arrrghhh

I get a lot of Lp's on my delivery and I have to still take them, though I do a delivery by cycle and have panniers , but with
ectra walks we take out I seem to have more mail in the panniers then packets sometimes,

I have been off for two weeks and have another 2 to go :nana
I also told my manager that when i return I am not doing any more Ips asorbtion as i was finding i was doing the job properly and the person i was sharing ti with came in 45 mins early to start it b4 I would , so i informed them when i return I want to go back on IPS. as sept normally mail increases I could see a lot of problems happening and I have had enough.

Essex mum
Caniel
Posts: 623
Joined: 03 Jul 2009, 18:25
Gender: Female
Location: The Batcave

Re: That packet template.

Post by Caniel »

I'm lucky, my driver is pretty good and will take anything but I don't take the piss and if I'm not sure I'll ask him. Manager always says no even if the packet is the size of a small car so I check with the driver, even if I have a packet I could take but it makes the pouch it's in overweight I've asked the driver and he's been fine with taking it.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72773
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: That packet template.

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Caniel wrote:I'm lucky, my driver is pretty good and will take anything but I don't take the piss and if I'm not sure I'll ask him. Manager always says no even if the packet is the size of a small car so I check with the driver, even if I have a packet I could take but it makes the pouch it's in overweight I've asked the driver and he's been fine with taking it.
I do the same and in return I'll do oversize packets on quiet days - its swings and roundabouts and it works. Maybe because Management are not involved. :Very Happy :Very Happy
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: That packet template.

Post by NewPostieUK »

The template doesn't know where the packet is for though does it? It's not just about size. If a large packet is for the house where I pick up a bag, then I'll take it as I won't have to carry it around. In my office (well, the walks I do anyway), there is no provision what so ever for leaving undelivered packets anywhere. You have to carry them around with you. This has a massive baring and what I will take out. If there is a greenhouse or shed I'll know I can deliver it, yet with a packet exactly the same size, for somewhere else, I'll not take it if it's for somewhere near the start and there's never anyone home.
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1923
Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
Gender: Male

Re: That packet template.

Post by IloveMYredTROLLEY! »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Caniel wrote:I'm lucky, my driver is pretty good and will take anything but I don't take the piss and if I'm not sure I'll ask him. Manager always says no even if the packet is the size of a small car so I check with the driver, even if I have a packet I could take but it makes the pouch it's in overweight I've asked the driver and he's been fine with taking it.
I do the same and in return I'll do oversize packets on quiet days - its swings and roundabouts and it works. Maybe because Management are not involved. :Very Happy :Very Happy
I have a similar arrangement with my driver, who happens to do the early prep on my walk too. If I'm snowed under with parcels, he helps me out, if I'm light I will take anything (within reason) that fits in trolley plus he knows I will always try to sort out parcel drops at very awkward parking areas on my route.
lufcpostie
Posts: 13
Joined: 29 May 2010, 13:25
Gender: Male

Re: That packet template.

Post by lufcpostie »

I`m always bemused by all these driver/walkman arguments. I drive and work with three walkmen in my section. we always work together, I get all the 2nd bags there for each of them by an agreed time. I`ll take small packets for them and, in return, they`ll take larger items for me if they`re going there anyway. Even in our office we`re in the minority as others seem to bicker about the smallest thing such as a ten minute difference in finish time etc.
If all posties worked as we do we`d all make a bit of time and be one big happy family*



* possible slight exaggeration. :wink: