ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Test Letters.
-
BernardBresslaw
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 15:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Test Letters.
I notice recently that I have started getting a lot of letters from the council, for people who have moved and have a re-direction in place - the DNR ones. Is this just coincidence, or some kind of test too? Testing redirection failures?
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Test Letters.
Coincidence I expect.BernardBresslaw wrote:I notice recently that I have started getting a lot of letters from the council, for people who have moved and have a re-direction in place - the DNR ones. Is this just coincidence, or some kind of test too? Testing redirection failures?
Test letters are specific, and always perfectly/correctly addressed.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16729
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Test Letters.
They do send out test letters.BernardBresslaw wrote:I notice recently that I have started getting a lot of letters from the council, for people who have moved and have a re-direction in place - the DNR ones. Is this just coincidence, or some kind of test too? Testing redirection failures?
They are paying for the DNR service, they obviously want to check they are getting value for money.
The test letters have a slightly lighter green chevron and the return address is somewhere in the Midlands.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
janitor
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 689
- Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Test Letters.
we had test letter failures mentioned in our work time learning. Apparently one came in at 0630 every saturday left the office at 0640 but never arrived till the tuesday. DOM didn't know Name Address or Duty but this went on for over a month then WTL stopped so not sure if it was cleared up. They are scanned in and out by those things hanging over the doors.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Test Letters.
Will it show what time they are being delivered and how long the postie has been doing his round 
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Test Letters.
Blood and sand dg you shouldn't be putting pictures like that on here, it is a family site after allDGP1 wrote:
RFIDs can be very small so unless RM are using 90's ones then I don't know how you can spot them (unless you have a list of the addresses they're going to).
