ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

P**s taking AGAIN

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32819
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: P**s taking AGAIN

Post by POSTMAN »

hampshireman wrote:
ronpetetrevchris wrote:
thevardinator wrote:You'll remember my story from a while back,

- fitting never done when I get in
- lift back to the office next to impossible
- usually back over my time (yes I know I'm an idiot for not handing back)

Well now I've been told that I'm expected to do lapsing on the round I'm on this week. Despite the fact I arrived back at the office today at 3pm WITHOUT lapsing after a nice 5 mile walk back in the thunder/rain, and yes I did claim for an hours overtime that I don't particularly want.

Mr Union man will be informed in the morning and I'll see what happens from there. Everyone else refuses lapsing and managers buckle to them, as soon as I kick up a fuss I get knowhere and bullied/harrassed into it. I'm concerned if I stand up for myself too much I'll end up doing/saying something I regret, I'm biting my tongue so hard at present with management I think I'm going to bite it off.
Of course you dont have to lapse over your time V, the idea of lapsing is to take you up to your time in our so called light summer period. Not everyone buckles and some at your d.o do say they wont laspe, i do agree however that most just shut up and put up, very sad indeed when i see them still working when im on my way home and i know they will not claim for it. This sort of cowardice makes people like you and me who want to do the job properly even harder as we get tarred with the troublemaker brush.

I realise your predicament of being on trial and we were both disappointe when it was extended (along with 12 others) for another 6 months with no reason given. I am taking this up with the DSM as we speak but they are as evasive as any other manager.

As i have told you many times what you are doing is NOT wrong, but i cannot be there all the time to let you know this adn to speak on your behalf. You have to believe that you are in the right and not back down, 99% of the s**t they come out with is a bluff ( and for most, this is when they cave in), stand strong matey, i have few weeks off now, but you have my number - use it!
What a superb response. It would be good if everyone reads this and takes your thoughts/message onboard
Yes,and the place would a hell of a lot better with reps like ron.
Personally i've never doubted him. :oops: :whistle :nervous
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
ronpetetrevchris
Posts: 503
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 17:55

Re: P**s taking AGAIN

Post by ronpetetrevchris »

POSTMAN wrote:
hampshireman wrote:
ronpetetrevchris wrote:
thevardinator wrote:You'll remember my story from a while back,

- fitting never done when I get in
- lift back to the office next to impossible
- usually back over my time (yes I know I'm an idiot for not handing back)

Well now I've been told that I'm expected to do lapsing on the round I'm on this week. Despite the fact I arrived back at the office today at 3pm WITHOUT lapsing after a nice 5 mile walk back in the thunder/rain, and yes I did claim for an hours overtime that I don't particularly want.

Mr Union man will be informed in the morning and I'll see what happens from there. Everyone else refuses lapsing and managers buckle to them, as soon as I kick up a fuss I get knowhere and bullied/harrassed into it. I'm concerned if I stand up for myself too much I'll end up doing/saying something I regret, I'm biting my tongue so hard at present with management I think I'm going to bite it off.
Of course you dont have to lapse over your time V, the idea of lapsing is to take you up to your time in our so called light summer period. Not everyone buckles and some at your d.o do say they wont laspe, i do agree however that most just shut up and put up, very sad indeed when i see them still working when im on my way home and i know they will not claim for it. This sort of cowardice makes people like you and me who want to do the job properly even harder as we get tarred with the troublemaker brush.

I realise your predicament of being on trial and we were both disappointe when it was extended (along with 12 others) for another 6 months with no reason given. I am taking this up with the DSM as we speak but they are as evasive as any other manager.

As i have told you many times what you are doing is NOT wrong, but i cannot be there all the time to let you know this adn to speak on your behalf. You have to believe that you are in the right and not back down, 99% of the s**t they come out with is a bluff ( and for most, this is when they cave in), stand strong matey, i have few weeks off now, but you have my number - use it!
What a superb response. It would be good if everyone reads this and takes your thoughts/message onboard
Yes,and the place would a hell of a lot better with reps like ron.
Personally i've never doubted him. :oops: :whistle :nervous
:left: :wave
hairyjack
Posts: 165
Joined: 23 Feb 2009, 19:41
Gender: Male
Location: Past caring.

Re: P**s taking AGAIN

Post by hairyjack »

:cuppa Ron, this is the vardinator were talking about. Give me a break dude. New tyres £245.00 fitted :chuckle
ronpetetrevchris
Posts: 503
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 17:55

Re: P**s taking AGAIN

Post by ronpetetrevchris »

hairyjack wrote::cuppa Ron, this is the vardinator were talking about. Give me a break dude. New tyres £245.00 fitted :chuckle
Dude!!!! just had my quote 280 for the pair :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: