That's true. But it's still sad, not being able to see them every day.dvbuk55 wrote:Who on earth started this maudlin thread for goodness sake, death is a part of life, I am going to die and so is every single poster on this forum - who cares? it is as inevitable as the sun setting tonight and rising tomorrow - for christians it is a passing on to heaven, others believe they are reincarnated as butterflies - I mean really, still whatever floats your boat - nothing quite so esoteric for me.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Losing Customers
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: Losing Customers
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Losing Customers
But you DO see them every day, it may not be a physical aspect but mentally you see the person as you remembered them and that is an accolade to them, not to remember them would be a sadness.andy2007 wrote:That's true. But it's still sad, not being able to see them every day.dvbuk55 wrote:Who on earth started this maudlin thread for goodness sake, death is a part of life, I am going to die and so is every single poster on this forum - who cares? it is as inevitable as the sun setting tonight and rising tomorrow - for christians it is a passing on to heaven, others believe they are reincarnated as butterflies - I mean really, still whatever floats your boat - nothing quite so esoteric for me.
I have only surviving siblings now all other close relatives are dead but I still remember them with fondness not sadness.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Losing Customers
cor your missus is strict.DGP1 wrote:Just as long as you don't die on the job........................you know you're supposed to give notice before doing thatdvbuk55 wrote:
So you should be you inconsiderate get, do you realise how old I am, when they sing Nearer My God to Thee everybody looks at me, if I close my eyes for a quick nap the wife's feeling for my pulse![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Losing Customers
dvbuk55 wrote:when they sing Nearer My God to Thee everybody looks at me
How old are you
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Losing Customers
Yes, quite regular deaths are on mine, but then it is rural with an aging population, and each ones goes to remind me I'm one place further up the queue.

-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Losing Customers
You know as well as I do DGP1 how many times I have "died" on the job - even the tablets don't work anymoreTrueBlueTerrier wrote:cor your missus is strict.DGP1 wrote:Just as long as you don't die on the job........................you know you're supposed to give notice before doing thatdvbuk55 wrote:
So you should be you inconsiderate get, do you realise how old I am, when they sing Nearer My God to Thee everybody looks at me, if I close my eyes for a quick nap the wife's feeling for my pulse![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()