ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
LTB 2010 AND BEYOND : DEPLOYMENT ENGAGEMENT FRAMEWORK
-
brothermagrew
- Posts: 3015
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 16:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Shares a border with England to the south.
Re: LTB 2010 AND BEYOND : DEPLOYMENT ENGAGEMENT FRAMEWORK
Call me old fashioned by it is my theory that those in charge including managers are deliberately running the company down therefore ripe for the expected privitisation and all that entails.
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
-
pickaname
- Posts: 1467
- Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 20:24
Re: LTB 2010 AND BEYOND : DEPLOYMENT ENGAGEMENT FRAMEWORK
We share a site with a mail centre though.fishtank wrote:I think this may be the final solution.....not just for the vans but the whole office...or some other industrial estate nearby.The only site other than this is some industrial land 5 miles from the office.
There are plenty of empty units in every industrial estate up and down the country and how long would it take to move,a couple of days at most.
Everybody has to get away from the idea that their D.O. is somehow immovable just because it's been there a long time.
Now that the delivery methods are moving to a more mobile workforce it allows Royal Mail far more scope to get rid of awkward town centre D.O.s with limited parking,high rates and slow inefficient road links.
Even if we did move, where would we move to? Theres no land available and if there were it would cost a fortune. In this city there is no spare land for building new DO's or anything else. The car park is just that...a strip of wasteland to park cars on.
Lets just keep the damned bikes. FFS...
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: LTB 2010 AND BEYOND : DEPLOYMENT ENGAGEMENT FRAMEWORK
Well....if the mailcentre goes there will be plenty of room...every cloud and all that.

good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
jessicarabbit
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 05 Nov 2009, 19:57
- Gender: Female
Re: LTB 2010 AND BEYOND : DEPLOYMENT ENGAGEMENT FRAMEWORK
Pick I heard a rumour that in the area you are in the planning team paid a private company 1000's of pounds to research the parking solution only to be told exactly what all the posties knew already that there is no where to park in your city. Unless they wanted to pay a private company to rent the top floor of a multi story at 1000's per year. They've gone to far now they will not back down and bikes will go at a huge cost to RM and it will be declared a wonderful sucess.....Go figure
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: LTB 2010 AND BEYOND : DEPLOYMENT ENGAGEMENT FRAMEWORK
brothermagrew wrote:Call me old fashioned by it is my theory that those in charge including managers are deliberately running the company down therefore ripe for the expected privitisation and all that entails.
Yes,it does seem that way.
-
andy2007
- Posts: 3971
- Joined: 14 Sep 2007, 10:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: Earth
Re: LTB 2010 AND BEYOND : DEPLOYMENT ENGAGEMENT FRAMEWORK
It means that everyone will have an equal amount of work to do, and no-one will have an unfair advantage.dvbuk55 wrote:Andy,the management are past masters at ambiguity, only today I had a stark example of what was supposed to be a reassuring statement to the staff - no I won't explain, I will give you the statement and then you tell me what YOU think it meant:
Duties will be fair and the systems applied equally
Well there it is, I queried the statement for two reasons and once you have said what you think it means - I'll give you the explanation I received.
Although I seriously doubt that that they'll actually deliver on that. It's most likley just an attempt to placate you.
Don't knock Insanity
it's just another outlook on Reality!
it's just another outlook on Reality!
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: LTB 2010 AND BEYOND : DEPLOYMENT ENGAGEMENT FRAMEWORK
Well at face value and in writing it does give that impression you are quite right - what made me a little suspicious was "the systems", there isn't and has never been any agreement on "systems" and "duties will be fair" seems to imply that they will be equal because "equally" is used in the same sentence - now having been on P&L for almost two years I can say without a shadow of a doubt that they are much bigger and longer than a town walk.andy2007 wrote:It means that everyone will have an equal amount of work to do, and no-one will have an unfair advantage.dvbuk55 wrote:Andy,the management are past masters at ambiguity, only today I had a stark example of what was supposed to be a reassuring statement to the staff - no I won't explain, I will give you the statement and then you tell me what YOU think it meant:
Duties will be fair and the systems applied equally
Well there it is, I queried the statement for two reasons and once you have said what you think it means - I'll give you the explanation I received.
Although I seriously doubt that that they'll actually deliver on that. It's most likley just an attempt to placate you.
So I queried the meaning of the sentence in the context of "The Office Objectives" and what I was told was it referred to the Delivery Methods which is either HCT, CDV, Cycle or whatever method is agreed on the revision - which has a totally different meaning to what was inferred. I suggested that should form part of that brief sentence - it remains to be seen if the wording will be changed - I have absolutely no influence so I doubt it.
-
debs
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:35
- Gender: Female
Re: LTB 2010 AND BEYOND : DEPLOYMENT ENGAGEMENT FRAMEWORK
by the time I have come out of a pantomime of a resource meeting (oh yes you are...oh no we're not) and faced my members with yet more absorbtion plans then done my 4.5 hr round I feel like I have been through the chambersjessicarabbit wrote:The final solution......wasn't that what the nazis called the gas chambers....is that where we are headed????????
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: LTB 2010 AND BEYOND : DEPLOYMENT ENGAGEMENT FRAMEWORK
You mean there is NOT a meeting of minds, a new understanding, fully inclusive planning and a mutual respect - wow there's a surprise thendebs wrote:by the time I have come out of a pantomime of a resource meeting (oh yes you are...oh no we're not) and faced my members with yet more absorbtion plans then done my 4.5 hr round I feel like I have been through the chambersjessicarabbit wrote:The final solution......wasn't that what the nazis called the gas chambers....is that where we are headed????????
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: LTB 2010 AND BEYOND : DEPLOYMENT ENGAGEMENT FRAMEWORK
Was a new relationship menat to mean one side giving up every view and opinion it holds and totally utterly submitting to the views of the other side? If so do tell me where I can find that in the agreement? 
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: LTB 2010 AND BEYOND : DEPLOYMENT ENGAGEMENT FRAMEWORK
Is that a rhetorical question Daz?Big Daz wrote:Was a new relationship menat to mean one side giving up every view and opinion it holds and totally utterly submitting to the views of the other side? If so do tell me where I can find that in the agreement?
Royal Mail are in the power seat....the union squandered theirs.
Look how many reports are coming in of reps and members being told not to rock the boat...my own divisional rep used the same words to me a couple of months ago and i know he used the same words to another member of this site at the workshops...Is this the language of a union that is an equal partner..
How do you think the new relationship will go?....If you were Royal Mail woudn't you be filling your boots right now knowing that the union is virtually powerless at national level.
All you have left after this agreement is a staff association in all but name..i'll expect a reply from dingo about the staff association jibe but there comes a time when you have to start facing reality..we sold the family silver for union involvement which is not such a terrible thing.
But it will be involvement at the lowest possible level...not as equal partners.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: LTB 2010 AND BEYOND : DEPLOYMENT ENGAGEMENT FRAMEWORK
Well many have said before that this agreement was nothing to do with the rank and file, their terms and conditions and all to do with having a seat at the table regardless of the cost to the membership. Quasimodo is already swinging the bell, ask not for whom it tolls.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: LTB 2010 AND BEYOND : DEPLOYMENT ENGAGEMENT FRAMEWORK
Yes we have a joint agreement. Its, called we talk and you listen. Royal Mail being the former and the union being the latter.
-
Geezer
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1347
- Joined: 19 Jun 2007, 21:01
Re: LTB 2010 AND BEYOND : DEPLOYMENT ENGAGEMENT FRAMEWORK
fishtank wrote:Is that a rhetorical question Daz?Big Daz wrote:Was a new relationship menat to mean one side giving up every view and opinion it holds and totally utterly submitting to the views of the other side? If so do tell me where I can find that in the agreement?
Royal Mail are in the power seat....the union squandered theirs.
Look how many reports are coming in of reps and members being told not to rock the boat...my own divisional rep used the same words to me a couple of months ago and i know he used the same words to another member of this site at the workshops...Is this the language of a union that is an equal partner..
How do you think the new relationship will go?....If you were Royal Mail woudn't you be filling your boots right now knowing that the union is virtually powerless at national level.
All you have left after this agreement is a staff association in all but name..i'll expect a reply from dingo about the staff association jibe but there comes a time when you have to start facing reality..we sold the family silver for union involvement which is not such a terrible thing.
But it will be involvement at the lowest possible level...not as equal partners.
In my Area the ADR and the DIv Rep have had a lot of dealings with Sector and Div Managers and thank god have not given in to them yet.There are a lot of disagreements at the moment so we will have to just wait and see what comes of them.
On what you have said FT, if that is true it's a ( And I'm going to swear here because it makes my blood BOIL ) FU%&ing disgrace.If ever we needed Div & HQ to support Office Reps it's now, HQ have put all the pressure on them and should as far as I'm concerned should be giving them 100% support if RM wont follow the agreement which is what RM would give their managers if the CWU were doing the same.