ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Lieu day refused. Can I take unpaid leave??

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Lieu day refused. Can I take unpaid leave??

Post by Lounge Lizard »

POSTMAN wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
POSTMAN wrote:This one day off business is bollox ffs.

You could ask to take it unpaid can't see why they would refuse it,you could also ask to work a rest day and bank it,they might go for that.
What if I need a Saturday off next spring for a close relatives wedding, that week is already booked and there's no chance of swapping a day off, would a days unpaid leave be appropriate and if so would it readily be granted, especially if it was the first such request from me in several years ?
I would say yes,but what makes you think they would invite 'you'.
Perhaps the wedding would be something of a non-event without me livening it up. :nana :nana :nana :nana