the night caller wrote:I hope he is ok. As if the worry of the needle and HIV is not stressfull enough, lets hope he does not need a lot of time off!!!
Exactly. Ive taken many beatings durin my time with what i used to do an get involved in, so not much really fazes me to an extent but for someone to come at you or use a dirty needle on you scares the life out of me more than anything else as you dont know what its contaminated with. Shocked me this has as there is no limit a scummy fooker can go to cause extreme damage on his victim.
The lad has had all the tests and stuff, and now has to sit and wait for results.
Police still got no one for it.
2 lads did the round on friday and were followed, same happened saturday, police went up but nothing to report.
The round is being lapsed at present and people are doing their bits in pairs. I point blank refused to go up there, as did another lad who actually lives on the round.
The lad has had all the tests and stuff, and now has to sit and wait for results.
Police still got no one for it.
2 lads did the round on friday and were followed, same happened saturday, police went up but nothing to report.
The round is being lapsed at present and people are doing their bits in pairs. I point blank refused to go up there, as did another lad who actually lives on the round.
See what happens tomorrow.
"in pairs" - but if it's not safe for one it's not much safer for two.
The lad has had all the tests and stuff, and now has to sit and wait for results.
Police still got no one for it.
2 lads did the round on friday and were followed, same happened saturday, police went up but nothing to report.
The round is being lapsed at present and people are doing their bits in pairs. I point blank refused to go up there, as did another lad who actually lives on the round.
See what happens tomorrow.
"in pairs" - but if it's not safe for one it's not much safer for two.
Exactly. And the lad who lives up there reckons theres a gang of 4 who are "to be aware of".
They tried to send me up in a pair with a female collegue today. Im only 5ft 5, shes taller than me, so who would be protecting who??
No chance, refused point blank, and would have dealt with the consequences in need be. Ive got a 5 year old and a baby on the way, they are more important to me than a few letters.
speedy wrote:Details are sketchy at the moment, but a lad at our office was assaulted this morning, and stabbed 3 times in the arm with a hyperdermic needle.
He/They stole 1 parcel from him.
Ill update once I hear any more, but Im obviously hoping hes ok.
This has really shook me up.
Best wishes to the Guy, not such a safe job is it!!!
post_bitch wrote:just stick a part timer on it - and if he doesnt like it he can leave
I do hope that is meant as a joke
But as the lad involved could now have HIV and his life ruined i dont think there is anything in this post to joke about.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
"The postman was stabbed with a hypodermic needle. We understand he was stabbed in the left shoulder and then again on his left hand when he tried to defend himself."
This scares me shitless just reading it. It appears they stabbed him first from behind then grabbed the parcel
I dont blame you for not going anywhere near the place.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Sincerely hope the postie in question gets the all clear. But I wonder what steps if any has the manager instigated after this latest assault.
"Today’s workplace has become heartless and soulless. Employees are seen as units of labour, automatons, functionaries, objects for achieving designated tasks, and as costs to be minimised."
lenat wrote:this is disgraceful. i was working in the area this happened in this morning with another postman, we were shocked. what kind of disgusting scum does this. there are several post boxes in the surrounding area with warnings inside them that needles are regularly deposited in them. can't see why anyone would want to do this!!!!!
Because they are pathetic, worthless scum. I found a needle stuck half under a stair rail in one of my blocks of flats. Thankfully, I spotted it in time and removed it with a D2D. I phoned my manager and told him.