ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Long Service dinner
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32819
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Long Service dinner
Go there,get pissed,get loud and puke up on them,job done!
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Long Service dinner
POSTMAN wrote:Go there,get pissed,get loud and puke up on them,job done!
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Long Service dinner
music4essex wrote:I went to one a few weeks back in the Essex area
Most of the doms on our table were from other offices,
All the host managers on the table was put up in the hotel overnight with wives or partners all expenses paid,
Us bods just had a mini bus home
It was ok I always said there is no way I would go , but I was able to wind a few up,
Though the person I took my partner, deided last week of 3yrs it is over
So the pictures I took have now put in the recycle bn lol
that is why I have been a bit quiet lately![]()
Essex mum
Sorry to hear that
When your ready pick yourself up, dust yourself off and go get em girl
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
bullhotrick
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 28 Mar 2010, 17:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Long Service dinner
i would rather watch dog chit turning white than attend one of those events 
-
Straight4ward
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1621
- Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Long Service dinner
POSTMAN wrote;
Go there,get pissed,get loud and puke up on them,job done!
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: Long Service dinner
I wouldn't want to waste me time with any bunch of charlatans that call themselves "managers" - if I could invite the managers I do get on with and respect, fair enough....but they'd only be the ones given the shaft by being told to cover the charlatans, so they can go for a free meal, in fact f*ck it, I'd rather take the decent lineos out for a fry up or fish & chips, then feel "obliged" to a manager I can't respect. Still with 4 years in the job, I feel certain I'll be brown bread or IHR'd long before a long service award
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Long Service dinner
Surely the meal wasn't that bad - thats the spirit, a nice cuppa solves all the problemsmusic4essex wrote:I went to one a few weeks back in the Essex area
Most of the doms on our table were from other offices,
All the host managers on the table was put up in the hotel overnight with wives or partners all expenses paid,
Us bods just had a mini bus home
It was ok I always said there is no way I would go , but I was able to wind a few up,
Though the person I took my partner, deided last week of 3yrs it is over
So the pictures I took have now put in the recycle bn lol
that is why I have been a bit quiet lately![]()
Essex mum
-
Fatboyslim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 30 May 2010, 10:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Long Service dinner
youwot!!!!! wrote:Fatboyslim wrote:I got an invitation to go to one a while ago.
I can think of nothing worse than spending a Saturday evening with a manager that I'd spent the week previous having an issue with. The thought of wasting an evening with a manager that is trying to cut my wages/income. Then to sit alongside him/her to be the best of friends on a Saturday night. Forget it.
I'd rather be given a voucher for a resaarant of my choice. To take the missus and go on our own. With RM picking up the tab for the meal. I'd rather do this, at least it would be a far better prospect for all. Agreed, some members of staff might like cosying up to managers on a Saturday night. I can think of nothing worse!
what the hell is a resaarant?
Sorry for the 'typo'. I meant to say restaurant. Happy now?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Long Service dinner
Fatboyslim wrote:youwot!!!!! wrote:Fatboyslim wrote:I got an invitation to go to one a while ago.
I can think of nothing worse than spending a Saturday evening with a manager that I'd spent the week previous having an issue with. The thought of wasting an evening with a manager that is trying to cut my wages/income. Then to sit alongside him/her to be the best of friends on a Saturday night. Forget it.
I'd rather be given a voucher for a resaarant of my choice. To take the missus and go on our own. With RM picking up the tab for the meal. I'd rather do this, at least it would be a far better prospect for all. Agreed, some members of staff might like cosying up to managers on a Saturday night. I can think of nothing worse!
what the hell is a resaarant?
Sorry for the 'typo'. I meant to say restaurant. Happy now?
Why don't Royal Mail consider giving employees a Short Service Dinner to celebrate them surviving their first year. It just might help retention and reduce the need for recruitment.
-
youwot!!!!!
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 582
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 14:45
- Gender: Male
- Location: oop north
Re: Long Service dinner
Why don't Royal Mail consider giving employees a Short Service Dinner to celebrate them surviving their first year. It just might help retention and reduce the need for recruitment.

hang on there mate i think you may be on to something here.discuss.
hang on there mate i think you may be on to something here.discuss.
who the hell invests £2 billion into a servic and makes it worse?????????????
you really couldn't make it up!!!!!!!!!!!
you really couldn't make it up!!!!!!!!!!!
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Long Service dinner
Ridiculousyouwot!!!!! wrote:Why don't Royal Mail consider giving employees a Short Service Dinner to celebrate them surviving their first year. It just might help retention and reduce the need for recruitment.![]()
hang on there mate i think you may be on to something here.discuss.