ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
PART TIMERS COMPLAINING - OH MY GOD !!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: PART TIMERS COMPLAINING - OH MY GOD !!
I am going to Shout
WTF IS GOING ON - WE ALL GOT SHAFTED
PLEASE STOP GOING ON ABOUT PT OR FT HAVE IT WORSE - WE CANNOT CHANGE THE AGREEMENT NOW WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT.
WE HAVE ALL ACCUSED RM OF PROMOTING A DIVIDE AND CONQUER MENTALITY YET HERE WE ARE DIGGING THE HOLE FOR THEM AND THEN FIGHTING OVER WHO HAS THE WORST IMPLEMENT.
LETS MOVE ON AND TALK ABOUT THINGS WE CAN INFLUENCE AND CHANGE.
WTF IS GOING ON - WE ALL GOT SHAFTED
PLEASE STOP GOING ON ABOUT PT OR FT HAVE IT WORSE - WE CANNOT CHANGE THE AGREEMENT NOW WE HAVE TO LIVE WITH IT.
WE HAVE ALL ACCUSED RM OF PROMOTING A DIVIDE AND CONQUER MENTALITY YET HERE WE ARE DIGGING THE HOLE FOR THEM AND THEN FIGHTING OVER WHO HAS THE WORST IMPLEMENT.
LETS MOVE ON AND TALK ABOUT THINGS WE CAN INFLUENCE AND CHANGE.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
freddiestar
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 07 Jun 2010, 20:09
- Gender: Male
Re: PART TIMERS COMPLAINING - OH MY GOD !!
wow ! didnt know there were so many wuman postie's. I do my partime bit and if i want over time i do it if not i go home and play with my kids and live the life.
tax credits are the bee's knees.
tomorrow i go into work to rock the boat with the fulltimers They Will Prep or Bundle my d2ds
if not then they will . they dont know how to tick the NO box they only know YES
I LOVE P/T and they still make my workload less
tax credits are the bee's knees.
tomorrow i go into work to rock the boat with the fulltimers They Will Prep or Bundle my d2ds
if not then they will . they dont know how to tick the NO box they only know YES
I LOVE P/T and they still make my workload less
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16742
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: PART TIMERS COMPLAINING - OH MY GOD !!
Like what?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I.
LETS MOVE ON AND TALK ABOUT THINGS WE CAN INFLUENCE AND CHANGE.[/size][/color]
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Carnoustie
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 793
- Joined: 31 Jan 2007, 22:00
Re: PART TIMERS COMPLAINING - OH MY GOD !!
I know, let's all get the union to fight for us, let them negotiate a deal, and then - even if we think it's a bad deal - fail to use our vote and instead point the finger at each other.
Hang on, that's stupid.
IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN !
Hang on, that's stupid.
IT'LL NEVER HAPPEN !
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: PART TIMERS COMPLAINING - OH MY GOD !!
clashcityrocker wrote:Like what?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I.
LETS MOVE ON AND TALK ABOUT THINGS WE CAN INFLUENCE AND CHANGE.[/size][/color]
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: PART TIMERS COMPLAINING - OH MY GOD !!
I have to say that in an office with a 60/40 split our part timers are not treated any differently by full time staff and in most cases would not know who is and is not FT/PT.
I have been both full time and part time on buy down and would not go back to full time. There is of course the pay element which of course is pro rata and so the work load should reflect that.
There is a slight anomaly in that many part timers, as you can imagine with the sort of numbers involved in a 40 % part time element, would like to go to 40 hours but have not been offered the chance. Now go to the apprentice scheme, we have had one who has been employed here on a 40 hour contract and works exactly as any full timer would............ I'm not knocking the apprenticeship scheme in industry BUT really an apprentice scheme to be a delivery officer
it does bear some scrutiny.
I have been both full time and part time on buy down and would not go back to full time. There is of course the pay element which of course is pro rata and so the work load should reflect that.
There is a slight anomaly in that many part timers, as you can imagine with the sort of numbers involved in a 40 % part time element, would like to go to 40 hours but have not been offered the chance. Now go to the apprentice scheme, we have had one who has been employed here on a 40 hour contract and works exactly as any full timer would............ I'm not knocking the apprenticeship scheme in industry BUT really an apprentice scheme to be a delivery officer
-
Theghost
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 417
- Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Re: PART TIMERS COMPLAINING - OH MY GOD !!
I dont know why Part timers are moaning really,Yes the d2d deal is crap,But ALL of us no longer get paid for them.
We ALL get a Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge 51p per hour delivery suppliment.
If you have a walk with more drops,Its just tough,I have 580 on mine,Guy next door has 380,I have been here 15 years,Him 6.
Lets all be gratefull we have a job,In this day and age its priceless,Just work your hours and go home,Nothing they can do,Apart from the usuall bullying tactics,Do it by the book and u will all be fine.
We ALL get a Huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge 51p per hour delivery suppliment.
If you have a walk with more drops,Its just tough,I have 580 on mine,Guy next door has 380,I have been here 15 years,Him 6.
Lets all be gratefull we have a job,In this day and age its priceless,Just work your hours and go home,Nothing they can do,Apart from the usuall bullying tactics,Do it by the book and u will all be fine.
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: PART TIMERS COMPLAINING - OH MY GOD !!
dvbuk55
The apprenticeship scheme is a fancy repackaging of the cadet scheme, which leads to me to the following point. If I recall right back in 1991 when I was offered a cadet post, employers had to have a training scheme in place for 16 and 17 year olds and RML was no exception to that rule.
The apprenticeship scheme is a fancy repackaging of the cadet scheme, which leads to me to the following point. If I recall right back in 1991 when I was offered a cadet post, employers had to have a training scheme in place for 16 and 17 year olds and RML was no exception to that rule.
-
yerarse
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 03 Oct 2009, 13:47
- Gender: Male
Re: PART TIMERS COMPLAINING - OH MY GOD !!
Wait a sec here.
The vote was taken by both full and part time staff
The work force is made up of 75% full time, 25% part time in Royal Mail
So even if every single part time postie voted no the outcome would have not changed.
You think the vote was fair?
I think the part time staff where shafted big time i lose more than £1000 pounds a year due to the change and ive to do more work for it
and could i have stopped it, no.
1 full time worker has 40 calls i have 550 and he gets paid more than me
whats next a punch in the face every morning for being part time?
We earn a less money but we take the bigger hit..
Shafted big time with a very very unfair vote system
The vote was taken by both full and part time staff
The work force is made up of 75% full time, 25% part time in Royal Mail
So even if every single part time postie voted no the outcome would have not changed.
You think the vote was fair?
I think the part time staff where shafted big time i lose more than £1000 pounds a year due to the change and ive to do more work for it
and could i have stopped it, no.
1 full time worker has 40 calls i have 550 and he gets paid more than me
whats next a punch in the face every morning for being part time?
We earn a less money but we take the bigger hit..
Shafted big time with a very very unfair vote system
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72773
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: PART TIMERS COMPLAINING - OH MY GOD !!
EasyJimmy Carr`s laugh wrote: You cant beat a good outward bound course when you cant swim
Try this - I cant swim and had to do this 4 times every 2 years. The last time is with lights off and you go in fast and upside down.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MUx1OxwZnM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: PART TIMERS COMPLAINING - OH MY GOD !!
Well far be it from me to suggest that like many others you are harking back to bygone times, my point is that there seems to be hours available for apprentices but not for part time adult members, in those long gone halcyon days Royal Mail could afford to be magnanimous with its largess, but not now.Big Daz wrote:dvbuk55
The apprenticeship scheme is a fancy repackaging of the cadet scheme, which leads to me to the following point. If I recall right back in 1991 when I was offered a cadet post, employers had to have a training scheme in place for 16 and 17 year olds and RML was no exception to that rule.
My suggestion is that this is merely cheap labour and nothing like an apprenticeship - how much time does an average person need to learn how to sort and walk?
-
Big Daz
- Posts: 5668
- Joined: 17 Apr 2007, 20:27
- Gender: Male
Re: PART TIMERS COMPLAINING - OH MY GOD !!
Aah
I see your point now,
I see your point now,
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: PART TIMERS COMPLAINING - OH MY GOD !!
I knew you would, my initial post wasn't too obvious though really.Big Daz wrote:Aah
I see your point now,
My idea of an apprenticeship is to have them leave school at 16, be shipped off to an Army barracks for a minimum of five years, taught disciple and respect and be trained to kill - now that's an apprenticeship