That's 90 minutes of extra delivery you should be doing then, working your hours came in in 2007 so any savings you make should be used by RM to improve efficiency.calpsy wrote:Still dont understand why the name calling ? tw*ts . pr*cks . wa*kers etc etc etc
Do you think by adding a name it will make you feel better or change this persons actions ??? No so stop the name calling .
As for saving 10 minutes or 20 at a stretch .......... rubbish . I come in at 9am and pass guys who have been standing waiting on a driver for at least 15 minutes . I bag up and leave around 9.30 am and the SAME guys are STILL standing there waiting ( although not always but MOST of the time )
Now if i never had the car I would have to leave earlier in the morning costing me 15 minutes . Bag up im out for 9.30 am . The guys waiting before me are taken out 1st and i am waiting at least 30 minutes . 15 and 30 = 45 minutes saved so far . Now if i take my own bags etc I dont have to wait 15 minutes for my 1st bag . Another 15 minutes saved .
Thats now at least 1 hour ive saved and when ive finished my duty its either a half hour walk or 15 minute walk for the bus and another 20 minutes ON it . Thats AN HOUR AND A HALF I SAVE AT LEAST EVERY DAY ! ! ! Do you want me to change and work 1 and a half hours per day JUST SO YOU ARE HAPPY ? ? ? Get lost !
I welcome your comments which im sure will be arriving soon .
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
belfast posties using their cars even though they are making
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
smarterdarter
- Posts: 269
- Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 12:05
- Location: Location: Location:
Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma
More lapse for Calpsy 
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma
calpsy wrote:Still dont understand why the name calling ? tw*ts . pr*cks . wa*kers etc etc etc
Do you think by adding a name it will make you feel better or change this persons actions ??? No so stop the name calling .
As for saving 10 minutes or 20 at a stretch .......... rubbish . I come in at 9am and pass guys who have been standing waiting on a driver for at least 15 minutes . I bag up and leave around 9.30 am and the SAME guys are STILL standing there waiting ( although not always but MOST of the time )
Now if i never had the car I would have to leave earlier in the morning costing me 15 minutes . Bag up im out for 9.30 am . The guys waiting before me are taken out 1st and i am waiting at least 30 minutes . 15 and 30 = 45 minutes saved so far . Now if i take my own bags etc I dont have to wait 15 minutes for my 1st bag . Another 15 minutes saved .
Thats now at least 1 hour ive saved and when ive finished my duty its either a half hour walk or 15 minute walk for the bus and another 20 minutes ON it . Thats AN HOUR AND A HALF I SAVE AT LEAST EVERY DAY ! ! ! Do you want me to change and work 1 and a half hours per day JUST SO YOU ARE HAPPY ? ? ? Get lost !
I welcome your comments which im sure will be arriving soon .
I thought you used to take a couple of the waiting guys with you in the jeep or have you stopped that now
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
wf
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 01 Nov 2009, 13:21
- Gender: Male
Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma
DGP1 wrote:That's 90 minutes of extra delivery you should be doing then, working your hours came in in 2007 so any savings you make should be used by RM to improve efficiency.calpsy wrote:Still dont understand why the name calling ? tw*ts . pr*cks . wa*kers etc etc etc
Do you think by adding a name it will make you feel better or change this persons actions ??? No so stop the name calling .
As for saving 10 minutes or 20 at a stretch .......... rubbish . I come in at 9am and pass guys who have been standing waiting on a driver for at least 15 minutes . I bag up and leave around 9.30 am and the SAME guys are STILL standing there waiting ( although not always but MOST of the time )
Now if i never had the car I would have to leave earlier in the morning costing me 15 minutes . Bag up im out for 9.30 am . The guys waiting before me are taken out 1st and i am waiting at least 30 minutes . 15 and 30 = 45 minutes saved so far . Now if i take my own bags etc I dont have to wait 15 minutes for my 1st bag . Another 15 minutes saved .
Thats now at least 1 hour ive saved and when ive finished my duty its either a half hour walk or 15 minute walk for the bus and another 20 minutes ON it . Thats AN HOUR AND A HALF I SAVE AT LEAST EVERY DAY ! ! ! Do you want me to change and work 1 and a half hours per day JUST SO YOU ARE HAPPY ? ? ? Get lost !
I welcome your comments which im sure will be arriving soon .
Absolute genius.now why couldnt i have thought of that!! Lets save more time so royal mail can hammer us even more.
What a shame it would be if youre walk was next to be lapsed.
maybe then you would see things from another point of view!
You will work to youre time eventually ,believe me and the others on this sight.
just keep doing it ,but remember its our jobs youre sacrificing ,one by one.
strange you took offence about the name calling,im sorry about that
-
calpsy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma
I traded in the Jeep for a brand new BMW believe it or not but I digress ......... YES I still take any boys out with me if its on my way .
Nice to be nice .
Nice to be nice .
-
wf
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 01 Nov 2009, 13:21
- Gender: Male
Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma
smarterdarter wrote:More lapse for Calpsy
-
calpsy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma
strange you took offence about the name calling,im sorry about that
Never took offence . I ponted out it was POINTLESS namecalling cause it does no good so get your facts right .
If I get more and more and more work so be it ...... I work to my time end of . ITS NO BIG DEAL ! ! Its an extra half an hour . And IF I get loads more work then I get the drivers to take me out THEREFORE LESS WORK ! ! ! It aint rocket science .
Never took offence . I ponted out it was POINTLESS namecalling cause it does no good so get your facts right .
If I get more and more and more work so be it ...... I work to my time end of . ITS NO BIG DEAL ! ! Its an extra half an hour . And IF I get loads more work then I get the drivers to take me out THEREFORE LESS WORK ! ! ! It aint rocket science .
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma
BM,s are nice cars, credit where its duecalpsy wrote:I traded in the Jeep for a brand new BMW believe it or not but I digress ......... YES I still take any boys out with me if its on my way .
Nice to be nice .
Grab your tin hat calpsy old buddy
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
batmanofthenight
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 03 Jun 2010, 19:28
- Gender: Male
Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma
I can drive but do not own a car and when did, I flatly refused to use it for duty, as people pointed out. MY money on petrol and repairs and the insurance covers you for nothing so if you have a accident in a private car while working, its YOU who pays the premium.
-
calpsy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 491
- Joined: 18 Jan 2009, 18:29
- Gender: Male
Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma
Yeah its smart . People do look at me as if to say " why the fk are you working here " when they see me drive in every day .
Its not showing off . Why shouldnt I be able to buy expensive things if i can afford them ?? It might put some peoples noses out of joint but jealousy is a nasty thing that some people cant seem to help . Doesnt bother me in the slightest so I have put the tin hat away and im ready for the flak .

Its not showing off . Why shouldnt I be able to buy expensive things if i can afford them ?? It might put some peoples noses out of joint but jealousy is a nasty thing that some people cant seem to help . Doesnt bother me in the slightest so I have put the tin hat away and im ready for the flak .
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma
Very true and if your car gets broken into and damaged you also get a WARNING which stays on record for 5 yearsbatmanofthenight wrote:I can drive but do not own a car and when did, I flatly refused to use it for duty, as people pointed out. MY money on petrol and repairs and the insurance covers you for nothing so if you have a accident in a private car while working, its YOU who pays the premium.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
batmanofthenight
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 03 Jun 2010, 19:28
- Gender: Male
Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma
So you think by saving a hour and half using car, you wont mind getting more work put on you? but if you do then youll get the driver to take you out and youll have less work? you think walks change to suit people like you?
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma
calpsy wrote:Yeah its smart . People do look at me as if to say " why the fk are you working here " when they see me drive in every day .
Its not showing off . Why shouldnt I be able to buy expensive things if i can afford them ?? It might put some peoples noses out of joint but jealousy is a nasty thing that some people cant seem to help . Doesnt bother me in the slightest so I have put the tin hat away and im ready for the flak .
No probs with the car buddy why should a postman not have a nice car /house etc as we all work hard enough for it.
In fact one of our guys had a £70k Merc sports car (iam really not kidding) which was all earned through overtime and then more overtime.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
mazza111
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 877
- Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 16:30
- Gender: Female
Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma
euhm as I've said before. I work indoors for more than half my shift! My 260 or so houses takes me an hour and a half whether I take my car or not. Doesn't cost me extra petrol as it's on my way home. By the time I finish, it's time to pick the wean up from school. Should I be thinking of my colleagues here? Maybe, but I'm sorry to say, I think more of my child's health than my colleagues as many of you do too. I'm sure if many of you were in my position you would use your cars too.
The only benefits are that I don't need to go back to the office when finished and don't need to wait for transport. It benefits my manager by about 5 minutes of not getting bags dropped off.
Well the old banger is due it's MOT next week, so probably will be relying on my legs and the ambulance service should it be required, but I won't slate people for using their cars when there may or may not be external factors that you may or may not know about.
The only benefits are that I don't need to go back to the office when finished and don't need to wait for transport. It benefits my manager by about 5 minutes of not getting bags dropped off.
Well the old banger is due it's MOT next week, so probably will be relying on my legs and the ambulance service should it be required, but I won't slate people for using their cars when there may or may not be external factors that you may or may not know about.
-
WHITEANT
- Posts: 312
- Joined: 17 May 2009, 23:02
- Gender: Male
Re: belfast posties using their cars even though they are ma
Calpsy you pull people up for name calling which i agree no need for it , then you tell people to GET LOST BE CONSISTENT !! 