ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Upset and scared :(
-
SWIM
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 20:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Upset and scared :(
the bloke was/is under a lot of stress.
who's never done something 'stupid' when they've been under pressure?
who's never done something 'stupid' when they've been under pressure?
'deal of the century' - dingo
-
demon
- Posts: 732
- Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 14:19
- Gender: Female
Re: Upset and scared :(
you will be just fine bud and you should have had proper training
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: Upset and scared :(
I think we’ve all done bloody stupid things in our lives and there was a time you could get away with it but not anymore.
As others have said if the mail was found un molested and intact then I very much doubt you will get anywhere near a custodial sentence .
Its possible you could get a fine but they might let it go at losing your job.
I hope things work out for you and you learn a lesson (i think you already have) and the mail did get eventually delivered.
As others have said if the mail was found un molested and intact then I very much doubt you will get anywhere near a custodial sentence .
Its possible you could get a fine but they might let it go at losing your job.
I hope things work out for you and you learn a lesson (i think you already have) and the mail did get eventually delivered.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
gj1023
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 151
- Joined: 15 Dec 2009, 19:13
- Gender: Male
- Location: South of the Watford Gap
Re: Upset and scared :(
Unfortunately stories like these have been coming thick and fast in recent years and I fear will only increase. The job now and the pressure will make it so.
A small rural office I once worked in, had a women in her thirties , a flag bearer for british legion. Been on the job some years . She was a phg and temp office manager. Recently she found the pressure to much while acting manager and hid some yorks with mail on them in a outbuilding. Was found some time later , I don`t know the outcome yet.
A small rural office I once worked in, had a women in her thirties , a flag bearer for british legion. Been on the job some years . She was a phg and temp office manager. Recently she found the pressure to much while acting manager and hid some yorks with mail on them in a outbuilding. Was found some time later , I don`t know the outcome yet.
-
smelly_cat_lady
- Posts: 341
- Joined: 22 Nov 2009, 15:08
- Gender: Female
- Location: On the delivery office floor looking up shorts
Re: Upset and scared :(
The reason I was so venomous towards this berk is that I am sick and tired of people trying hard to find someone to blame for their own short comings. Its the American blame culture again. I'm only faintly surprised he's not suing for wrongful dismissal.
And yes, I have my own peccadillos and am well aware of them.
As for insurance Patrick Clifton, I am on the understanding that most people's insurance policy covers 'social, domestic and pleasure'. I am given to understand that should you have an accident whilst using your car on duty (and carrying the Queen's mail) you will not be insured as you are using your vehicle for work which is a different type of policy altogether. This is known as commercial insurance and I think you'll find its about 10 times dearer. Besides which if IB catch you, you're in the do do. It saves your DOM and your DO money because that way they do not have the responsibility of conveying you out to your duty.
If you are daft enough to be using your own car Mr Clifton, stop it. Stop it now before you get into trouble.
And the rest of you bleeding hearts, do me a favour and get a grip! Counselling indeed! What for, being a drip? Not having a back bone?
As for insurance Patrick Clifton, I am on the understanding that most people's insurance policy covers 'social, domestic and pleasure'. I am given to understand that should you have an accident whilst using your car on duty (and carrying the Queen's mail) you will not be insured as you are using your vehicle for work which is a different type of policy altogether. This is known as commercial insurance and I think you'll find its about 10 times dearer. Besides which if IB catch you, you're in the do do. It saves your DOM and your DO money because that way they do not have the responsibility of conveying you out to your duty.
If you are daft enough to be using your own car Mr Clifton, stop it. Stop it now before you get into trouble.
And the rest of you bleeding hearts, do me a favour and get a grip! Counselling indeed! What for, being a drip? Not having a back bone?
-
General Mannerheim
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2299
- Joined: 14 Dec 2007, 13:10
- Gender: Male
- Location: Stalag 17
Re: Upset and scared :(
She's probably been promoted.gj1023 wrote:Unfortunately stories like these have been coming thick and fast in recent years and I fear will only increase. The job now and the pressure will make it so.
A small rural office I once worked in, had a women in her thirties , a flag bearer for british legion. Been on the job some years . She was a phg and temp office manager. Recently she found the pressure to much while acting manager and hid some yorks with mail on them in a outbuilding. Was found some time later , I don`t know the outcome yet.
Royal Mail managers.....about as popular as a t.urd in a swimming pool!
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
The DDA/Equality Act demands action,NOT words......adjustments NOT Occupational Health referrals.Case No:2505901/09
Royal Mail is an Equal Opportunities Employer..It discriminates against everybody.
-
MinisterofCucumber
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 15 Dec 2009, 22:18
- Gender: Male
Re: Upset and scared :(
What would have happened if Ashy had refused to co-operate with IB?
"You wanna f**k with me? Okay. You wanna play rough? Okay. Say hello to my little friend!" - Tony Montana
-
smokerjim
- Posts: 1921
- Joined: 13 Jun 2007, 22:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: In a corner, thinking "I've picked a bad week to give up smoking..."
Re: Upset and scared :(
Might be a bit late to ring HELP, if you've been dismissed already, but it won't hurt to try. Call them on 0800 6 888 777 - I dunno if they can help you, but even if you just talk to them and explain the fact it all arises from the job, they might listen long enough for you to off-load.....it won't be a fix, but it might help.
Good luck to you & your family for the future, son.
Good luck to you & your family for the future, son.
I don't suppose your mouth bleeds every 28 days, does it?
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
Mail delivery; those that can, do, those that can't, MANAGE!
-
chunk
- Posts: 957
- Joined: 29 Jul 2009, 20:21
- Gender: Male
Re: Upset and scared :(
Not defending this young mans naivety
But rm's bad practices play there part.specifically closing offices at 2.00pm
manager gets to say." what he was struggling"? "finishing at three"?
"i had no idea"
bearing at mind he (dom) was at home.
of course he knows your still out there beyond 2 as your not back before he leaves.
a cock up waiting to happen.
But rm's bad practices play there part.specifically closing offices at 2.00pm
manager gets to say." what he was struggling"? "finishing at three"?
"i had no idea"
of course he knows your still out there beyond 2 as your not back before he leaves.
a cock up waiting to happen.
I'm a postman-and i know where you live.....
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Upset and scared :(
Completely wrong, you are covered 3rd party only while using your car on delivery, which covers the other persons vehicle if you cause the crash not your car. Although recently I was told and given the insurance cover note saying we are covered full comp?, anyway 'cat lady' you have issues and am glad you dont work in my office.smelly_cat_lady wrote:The reason I was so venomous towards this berk is that I am sick and tired of people trying hard to find someone to blame for their own short comings. Its the American blame culture again. I'm only faintly surprised he's not suing for wrongful dismissal.And yes, I have my own peccadillos and am well aware of them.
As for insurance Patrick Clifton, I am on the understanding that most people's insurance policy covers 'social, domestic and pleasure'. I am given to understand that should you have an accident whilst using your car on duty (and carrying the Queen's mail) you will not be insured as you are using your vehicle for work which is a different type of policy altogether. This is known as commercial insurance and I think you'll find its about 10 times dearer. Besides which if IB catch you, you're in the do do. It saves your DOM and your DO money because that way they do not have the responsibility of conveying you out to your duty.
If you are daft enough to be using your own car Mr Clifton, stop it. Stop it now before you get into trouble.
And the rest of you bleeding hearts, do me a favour and get a grip! Counselling indeed! What for, being a drip? Not having a back bone?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16742
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Upset and scared :(
That may be so but it is hard not to have a soft spot for someone who uses the word "peccadillo" in her post.dohnut wrote:
anyway 'cat lady' you have issues and am glad you dont work in my office.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Upset and scared :(
?????clashcityrocker wrote:That may be so but it is hard not to have a soft spot for someone who uses the word "peccadillo" in her post.dohnut wrote:
anyway 'cat lady' you have issues and am glad you dont work in my office.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Upset and scared :(
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/peccadillo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16742
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Upset and scared :(
I think Mr Fishtank knows what a peccadillo is - he was just being funny.dohnut wrote:http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/peccadillo
If you have nothing else to do I suggest you read the band diary that accompanies the picture. It is wierder than RMC.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Patrick Clifton
- Posts: 430
- Joined: 16 May 2010, 12:37
- Gender: Male
- Location: Greendale
Re: Upset and scared :(
So your Office never told you that if you used your own car then you will be covered under Royal Mails insurer? Your office never gave those that use their own cars a letter to forward to their own personal insurers telling them that the vehicle was going to be used for work purposes and would be insured under Royal Mails insurance while being used as a 'company vehicle' at no extra insurance cost to the owners of the vehicles? Do you think the IB do not know about the use of private vehicles given my previous 2 points?smelly_cat_lady wrote:The reason I was so venomous towards this berk is that I am sick and tired of people trying hard to find someone to blame for their own short comings. Its the American blame culture again. I'm only faintly surprised he's not suing for wrongful dismissal.And yes, I have my own peccadillos and am well aware of them.
As for insurance Patrick Clifton, I am on the understanding that most people's insurance policy covers 'social, domestic and pleasure'. I am given to understand that should you have an accident whilst using your car on duty (and carrying the Queen's mail) you will not be insured as you are using your vehicle for work which is a different type of policy altogether. This is known as commercial insurance and I think you'll find its about 10 times dearer. Besides which if IB catch you, you're in the do do. It saves your DOM and your DO money because that way they do not have the responsibility of conveying you out to your duty.
If you are daft enough to be using your own car Mr Clifton, stop it. Stop it now before you get into trouble.
And the rest of you bleeding hearts, do me a favour and get a grip! Counselling indeed! What for, being a drip? Not having a back bone?