I'm not advocating leaving the union and there is some merit in what has been posted, we had three for disciplinary, 2 union members and 1 non-union member, the union members went in with reps and were sacked, the non union member was re-instated - the reasons were diverse and could equally have been just dismissals but it did seem strange. One appeal is still ongoing according to a manager.
We should be actively recruiting new members and getting as many part timers signed up as possible and soon - we may well be facing a national vote - if not soon, then eventually, and we need to get it right.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postal strike 'shambles' postal workers condemn CWU
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
-
norbert
- Posts: 3027
- Joined: 15 Jan 2008, 01:46
Re: Postal strike 'shambles' postal workers condemn CWU
I'd be inclined to think the non - union member was " protected " - maybe I'm too cynical - I agree , it sounds odd .dvbuk55 wrote:I'm not advocating leaving the union and there is some merit in what has been posted, we had three for disciplinary, 2 union members and 1 non-union member, the union members went in with reps and were sacked, the non union member was re-instated - the reasons were diverse and could equally have been just dismissals but it did seem strange. One appeal is still ongoing according to a manager.
We should be actively recruiting new members and getting as many part timers signed up as possible and soon - we may well be facing a national vote - if not soon, then eventually, and we need to get it right.