The "priority" ones have got a special code which the iLSMs and IMPs pick up on when run in a certain software configuration, sorting them to a dedicated stacker. They then get run through on their own sorted to DO levelBasildon Bond wrote: ↑16 Dec 2024, 05:22How easy to spot all NHS letters? I know you can spot the big blue-on-white "NHS" ones. However, I see a lot where the local hospital's name is franked or printed on the top edge in fairly small and quite faint (ink needs topping up) text. I could well imagine those wouldn't be spotted when sorting. I count them as NHS letters. Heck, a Specsavers letter could be very important to many people too.
Who are RM/we to judge exactly what is and is not important in terms of letters. Someone may very well be looking to read their gas or electricity bill this month so they can budget whether or not they can "heat or eat" or buy a few gifts in the run up to Christmas.
On the sort: "This is important, that one isn't, that's semi-important, that one can wait, don't think they'll miss that one, this one looks like junk to me, this one is another important one, ....."![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
NHS Letters
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: NHS Letters
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3728
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Re: NHS Letters
Ha, ha, ha.SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑15 Dec 2024, 21:20...................
Why don't the NHS send them out as Tracked? Across the country it'd work out around 2-3 extra Tracked per walk at most
I'd estimate 10 - 15 per walk at least in our office.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12194
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: NHS Letters
Not all the NHS letters are "priority" ones. The "priority ones" should be arriving at the DO labelled up as priority items. It's just them that I'm suggesting go Tracked.yellowbelly wrote: ↑16 Dec 2024, 09:14Ha, ha, ha.SpacePhoenix wrote: ↑15 Dec 2024, 21:20...................
Why don't the NHS send them out as Tracked? Across the country it'd work out around 2-3 extra Tracked per walk at most
I'd estimate 10 - 15 per walk at least in our office.
-
Jen1
- Posts: 231
- Joined: 31 Oct 2018, 12:00
- Gender: Female
Re: NHS Letters
Nothing like that in our office all the NHS letters are with the other sequenced letters sat in purse stops still in yorks, hidden in the corner of the room or if they’re lucky they’ve made it as far as under a fitting gathering dust
We did have them in with the specials for a time during the strikes but there were too many of them to make that viable, I think that lasted 3 days (we were getting around 50 per walk)
We did have them in with the specials for a time during the strikes but there were too many of them to make that viable, I think that lasted 3 days (we were getting around 50 per walk)
-
sorefeet17
- Posts: 299
- Joined: 11 May 2015, 17:10
- Gender: Male
Re: NHS Letters
They came in separated from the other mech after that expose TV programme a few months back, now its old news they couldn't care less about them.