ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Failing our customers.

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
SMS1969
Posts: 1022
Joined: 28 Jun 2021, 11:36
Gender: Male

Re: Failing our customers.

Post by SMS1969 »

LouBarlow wrote: ↑
01 Apr 2024, 11:53
SMS1969 wrote: ↑
01 Apr 2024, 09:24
LouBarlow wrote: ↑
01 Apr 2024, 08:08
qwerty2 wrote: ↑
01 Apr 2024, 08:06
LouBarlow wrote: ↑
01 Apr 2024, 07:11
You told Amazon not to use Royal Mail, because they didn’t get a parcel to you on Easter Sunday? Not a great move discouraging businesses from using the delivery company you work for, for that.
Were Amazon working on Easter Sunday? Never saw any vans
I don’t think so, but I know at least one new starter was asked to work in our office on the Sunday. I didn’t realise you could be forced to work bank holidays, even on the new contracts.


If you are talking about Easter Sunday, then it’s not classed as a bank holiday, so they can be asked to work.
That makes sense then. Thanks for clarifying. So if Christmas Day falls on a Sunday, that is the same? Wild.
Well yes, but you would think even RM wouldn’t ask anyone to work on Christmas Day. Then again…
enskied
Posts: 1877
Joined: 16 Aug 2013, 17:14
Gender: Male

Re: Failing our customers.

Post by enskied »

norris9 wrote: ↑
31 Mar 2024, 23:09
I am today on the end of the other stick of Royal Mail's useless service....

I am a postie who has to deal with excessive workloads and unfortunately bring back 20% of my round daily as our employer stupidly made our rounds too big to fit in within our contracted hours.....

I am also a customer and today expected a parcel ordered from Amazon, but delivered by Royal Mail. A Tracked 24 - It did not turn up. So that means it's not coming until Tuesday now....

So much for Sunday parcel deliveries and competing with our competitors....

It's just another reminder of how crap Royal Mail's service has become....

Letting down their own staff.
Letting down the businesses who send parcels through Royal Mail.
Letting down the customers of those businesses.

I have told the business not to use Royal Mail as they are totally unreliable. The sender will have to refund me the postage I paid for next day delivery or possibly have to refund the whole order as I'll likely return the item as I no longer need it.

Royal Mail is an absolute mess!
So you tap and buy s**t that you don't want or need.
GRS
Posts: 826
Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
Gender: Female
Location: South West

Re: Failing our customers.

Post by GRS »

Had an Amazon delivery on Easter Sunday. I was amazed that they offered that service when I placed the order on Friday!

Just to add that in the past whenever I placed an order online my heart used to sink when I knew it was anyone but RM delivering it as I knew we were the best and most reliable. Now my heart sinks when I know that it’s coming via RM as you just don’t know how long you will have to wait for it - just shows in a short space of time how low we have sunk when you’d rather any company other than the one you work for deliver an item!!
DiamondSmiles
Posts: 498
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
Gender: Male

Re: Failing our customers.

Post by DiamondSmiles »

Just over one third of deliveries failed to go out on Saturday in my place. Bewildering incompetence by management.
Barnacle
Posts: 2949
Joined: 13 Dec 2022, 16:58
Gender: Female
Location: Earth

Re: Failing our customers.

Post by Barnacle »

DiamondSmiles wrote: ↑
02 Apr 2024, 12:36
Just over one third of deliveries failed to go out on Saturday in my place. Bewildering incompetence by management.
What exactly is going on with management? They received a whopping pay rise and now it’s as if they are doubling down on their incompetency. My manager seems to have been tranquilised. You go to him about something and he passes it along the line until it reaches the skip.
’You can't just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they'll want something new.’
nuisance
Posts: 215
Joined: 06 Oct 2016, 12:57
Gender: Female

Re: Failing our customers.

Post by nuisance »

DiamondSmiles wrote: ↑
02 Apr 2024, 12:36
Just over one third of deliveries failed to go out on Saturday in my place. Bewildering incompetence by management.
It is not incompetence, it is strategic. 100% company policy.
CharlesSpooner
Posts: 383
Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
Gender: Male

Re: Failing our customers.

Post by CharlesSpooner »

SMS1969 wrote: ↑
01 Apr 2024, 12:10
Well yes, but you would think even RM wouldn’t ask anyone to work on Christmas Day. Then again…
I think it fell like that not too far back. Of course it was declared a non-service day but there were still some on here losing their heads and fuming about the imaginary prospect of working Xmas Day.